• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Akita "AllInOne" Amp based on TPA325x PFFB+ and LLC PSU in one board.

Akita build

I had planned to make a case with really big VU meters, an album art screen and Audiophonics sabre DAC. I broke the screen installing it, the VU meters performed terribly and the DAC worked ok but looked bad (I cut out the front panel badly). I had trouble cutting the pvc front panel accurately and was not happy with it. It all worked but I did not want to look at it. Perhaps I will try something as ambitious again in the future. I do not recommend those large VU meters, they have too much momentum and defect too far to the left.

I will be putting Akita in my Technics SU-7300 case. The VU control board that came those big VU meters is very good and is now in the SU-7300, it has a lot of adjustment.

How is the progress on the amps going drMordor?

Attachments

• 459531A9-85D3-4B68-9FC9-E9902B2086D9.jpeg
    459531A9-85D3-4B68-9FC9-E9902B2086D9.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 347
@Eellj hi, I must admit that I am a lover of vintage, I am sorry that everything did not work as you wanted, however your amplifier is very nice, congratulations.
As for the group purchase of Akita, I begin to worry, it's been a long time, from Christmas we arrived at the end of January.
I'd also be inclined to wait longer if I'd tried this unit before, so I'm looking forward to hearing it at my home.
I hope Vitaly gives us some good news.

Hi guys.
Soon, towards the end of next week, I will start mailing. To be honest, I would overestimate my strength and even the coronavirus. I had to work for my sick colleagues.

I too am waiting for your boards. I'm probably as anxious as anyone...but... it's very important for you to stay safe and healthy and take the time you need to do a proper job finishing and testing them. :)

Thanks for the update Vitaly. Like everyone has said, stay safe.

Nerone, if you like vintage have a look on eBay for faulty amplifiers. Both of mine were not expensive. Only the power switch and volume work on the Technics, it has a RaspberryPi and a balanced dac. It is a great setup if want a streamer. I have to re-wire the volume, it was my first attempt at a balanced attenuator and somehow got the ground wrong.