• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

Promised goods...

Replacement board for USB dac v1. 0 is offered at 79€ for those Who have defect boards..
Reply to this message...

Hi Sonny
I wrote many messages to you because you promised me to send the new dac board, a oled front panel and the discrete output stage in october last year and also many times before....
Please send me all this goods soon, because i am waiting since january 2018 to finish the dac!
Best regards, Joel

Hi Sonny
I wrote many messages to you because you promised me to send the new dac board, a oled front panel and the discrete output stage in october last year and also many times before....
Please send me all this goods soon, because i am waiting since january 2018 to finish the dac!
Best regards, Joel
Hi Joel, Have you tried to contact him through his company webaite? I know he - and others - has had difficulties with the diyAudio message system. Here is a link to Mirand Audios contact page: Contact | Mirand Audio – Solidstate designs All the best, Per

Thanks vitalica - also for you pm!
This are not really good news...
I guess, that Sonny has serious problems in development and production.
It is really frustrating to get an answer sometimes and always the promise that it will be shipped in a few days!!!
But I would also be happy, to get just the output stage and the front panel (I have an older version of the dac board already...)

Dear Mike Davis aka ripple noise? Are you happy now?
I have to ask because I have for a very long time been stalked by you, And you wrote to me.. quote in the last e-mail…. “You're going to pay the price for what you have done. This is a promise.“
I have no moode to continue anything, and I guess that was your main goal after all.
But things started long before that, because every time I have posted anything on the forum I did get an e-mail or lets say several doing a day every time I posted anything on the diyAudio forum.
If there was anything I did not understand fully according to your mind I got emails about how foolish or that a newbie in electronics was better at understanding what you want me to put into a circuit.
Alone in 2018 I got around 600 emails from you where many of them is insult, humiliation and swearing plus what every you have written about me on other forums. I cannot work under those condition… Maybe other people can but I cannot. And it has cost me many days of work dealing with it.
I have boards, and raw un-assembled board with all parts for them but I cannot find the power or energy to ship or assemble them.
I have to tell you Mike….. Your reached your goal. Because I got scared on posting anything on diyAudio forum or for that matter just be online on diyAudio forum that I would end up with 1000 e-mails in my inbox from you….. And at the same time I lost the joy or power to finish or fix issues with products that I have made or promised to make.
I hope you are happy Ripple Noise or Mike Davis whatever you prefer to be called.
I wish I have the energy to respond all your other people right now this evening but I do not have the energy right now.

But Ripple noise aka Mike Davis is trying to pull Joseph K into something that he has nothing to do with because Joseph K maybe has stepped on Mike Davis shoes….. Looks like something is removed from the thread…. I do not know what because I have not been here for a very long time….

I have maybe opened up pandoras box and will get a million of e-mails from Mike Davis aka Ripple noise. But Joseph K has nothing to do with this.

I am very simple and I am trying to be humble but that is a weakness when someone is acting like a bully or an tyrant.
For the very same reason I maybe must accept knowledge is nothing without pride and sharp elbows in this world.

- Sonny

Joined 2012
Staff member
Paid Member
:cop: This thread is becoming problematic. Please note:

7: The commercial threads are for private transactions between members and other members or companies. diyAudio.com provides these forums as bulletin boards for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility regarding unsatisfactory transactions. Normal diyAudio rules about member conduct apply and will be enforced. Please use the commercial sector bulletin boards at your own risk and using your own judgement.

We continue to monitor this thread and may close it without further warning.

Thank you for your cooperation,
The Moderation Team

Me too I never stopped using / tweaking this dac. My favorit for tweaking is the V1.0 version. And being a very fine base design, it just reacts fantastically to the 'tuning'..
And would just confirm my support too, Sonny. You have produced loads of goodies here, can and shall be proud of it!

Last edited:
Dear DIYAudio friends.

Thanks for all the kind words, i am touched and it gives me the breath of fresh air to continue on what i have started and finish it.... And i have so many things i want to say and thank you for.

The favorite DAC will get updated with an Arduino ready ATmega328PB and schematic and I2C protocol will be made open source.

So any one that can play with Arduino or Atmel Studio will be able to tweak the DAC.

But first i have some unfinished board we need to assemble and send out.

- Sonny