• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

Hi Sonnya, has mine been shipped too?

We Will ship the chassis today.

The LPS will ship next week. With the LPS we will send a USB to rs232 adapter
c3f73ec90dceed2b552bf8c9a428b5f3.jpg

Which is made for the chassis to be used with firmware upgrades of the frontpanel .

But time has been limited .. Great news is that one of my people has come back as she was hired by a college that had promised 1 year work, but it ended after 1 month

So I have the extra workforce from today of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Thanks Sonny,

In documentation for DAC + Opamp Shield it says +/-14,5 to +/-24. The reason I wonder is that I want to pre-reg to feed this together with another device that needs minimum +/- 18 VDC, so I was thinking to set common pre reg to +/- 18,5 VDC. Is the documentation correct for DAC + Opamp Shield and why does it differ with the discrete shield?

Interesting product. I'm a bit late to the party though.

I hope the REV2 board (with Toslink etc.) - as announced quite some time back - is well on its way by now.
However. By reading just a little of this thread - perhaps I missed some relevant info - I do also got the feeling, that sonnya doesn't want to get nailed on earlier announcements related to REV2.
I'm wondering if it still worth to discuss REV1, because I'd rather be interested in REV2.

Anyhow. I do have some basic questions related to the DAC.

I'm wondering if any measures have been taken to isolate and clean up the USB interface.
Meanwhile there are several interface boards or DACs around doing that with good results.
Since the Mirand-DAC is an integrated solution there's no way to introduce something like e.g. isolation or reclocking at a later stage - of course if that'd be required at all !?!?

Has anybody been applying USB filter devices or similar? What results??

Most interfaces show better results by not using USB power for the interface part (XMOS).
I'm wondering how it is done with this DAC!?!?
Are there options to select bus or local power for the XMOS part?

I'd like to drive my DAC headless and with internal VC bypass.
Still I would like to try different filters.
From what I understood there are different sets of firmware available.
Mainly to set different default functions for different setups (filters).
Can you confirm this? How can the firmware be swapped?

Thx a lot.

Interesting product. I'm a bit late to the party though.

I hope the REV2 board (with Toslink etc.) - as announced quite some time back - is well on its way by now.
However. By reading just a little of this thread - perhaps I missed some relevant info - I do also got the feeling, that sonnya doesn't want to get nailed on earlier announcements related to REV2.
I'm wondering if it still worth to discuss REV1, because I'd rather be interested in REV2.

Anyhow. I do have some basic questions related to the DAC.

I'm wondering if any measures have been taken to isolate and clean up the USB interface.
Meanwhile there are several interface boards or DACs around doing that with good results.
Since the Mirand-DAC is an integrated solution there's no way to introduce something like e.g. isolation or reclocking at a later stage - of course if that'd be required at all !?!?

Has anybody been applying USB filter devices or similar? What results??

Most interfaces show better results by not using USB power for the interface part (XMOS).
I'm wondering how it is done with this DAC!?!?
Are there options to select bus or local power for the XMOS part?

I'd like to drive my DAC headless and with internal VC bypass.
Still I would like to try different filters.
From what I understood there are different sets of firmware available.
Mainly to set different default functions for different setups (filters).
Can you confirm this? How can the firmware be swapped?

Thx a lot.

Well i did start on it today.

Until now it looks like the picture we have attached. The difficulties for me is to get all the parts down on the same footprint.

It will have 1 pcs of SPDIF RCA and 1 pcs of OPTICAL input.

It has the same clock oscillators but now it is galvanic isolated and has reclocking.

The DAC board will need some kind of frontpanel as we need it to switch sources.

The XMOS has never been powered from the USB. We only power it from an internal +5V supply

Attachments

• usb dac v11.png
    usb dac v11.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 476