• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

Here is the complete list of things we will support in the AK4490 with the frontpanel:

1) Sharp roll-off filter
2) Slow roll-off filter
3) Short delay Sharp roll-off filter
4) Short delay Slow roll-off filter
5) Super Slow Roll-off Filter
5) DSD Normal path
6) DSD Volume bypass
7) DSD filter 50KHz
8) DSD filter 150KHz
9) LEFT and RIGHT Channel Swap
10) phase inversion
11) Digital volume control or analog volume control (through preamp) (I am a bit tricky about digital volume control, as i need to see how it behaves on the datastream through USB)

Last edited:
From simple reason: Profit
There is no such product on the market... Yet.

Tempting. ... Is there no such Product on the market!!?????

Of course it could be isolated Down to say, we have digital inputs from other USB sources. What i dont want to, is to make new firmware for waveio modules or diyinhk... As This would be a nightmare....

Hi Sonny,

I wanted to let you know I received the package on Monday in good order. Quickly hooked it up yesterday and have been enjoying it ever since. I really like the way it sounds. Will take another picture once it is properly setup with mravlca's TPS7A4700 regulators.

6c4b2e4716d8d0b9d79de2512c7d4765.jpg

Tempting. ... Is there no such Product on the market!!?????

Of course it could be isolated Down to say, we have digital inputs from other USB sources. What i dont want to, is to make new firmware for waveio modules or diyinhk... As This would be a nightmare....

I don't know details of your implementation but when I say product I mean module that is able to read and change AK4490 chip registry using i2C or SPI dac interface.

From my perspective this module should not be specific to any vendor implementation but only to dac chip itself.

Please no hard feelings, I fully respect your decision :)

I would always go for higher psrr values. So preregulated power source. But it does not have to be expensive or low noise level here.
What you want is to reject as much hum as possible. So use something like lm317/337 In front regulation .... It would give a total psrr of more than 100dB up to 1KHz. The board it self lays around 70dB up to 100KHz. So 200mVpp ripple is ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wired it up yesterday - pretty damn good Sonny :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thanks for the kind words! :D You all have made me very happy.

It is always exciting to what people think of the work i do...

Again Thanks a lot guys and girls for the nice words!

BR Sonny