• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

AEE Audio transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AE Europe is a Dutch transformer producer, the names you see down there are for "triode dick" projects which can nowadays be found on the audio-creative website. From what I know they make some pretty decent transformers and will also do odd requests like winding it with pure silver wire which has been kissed by a virgin

From what I know they make some pretty decent transformers and will also do odd requests like winding it with pure silver wire which has been kissed by a virgin

I saw a reference to one of those for the first time last week ...

Lundahl-virgin-kissed-opt

€3400 as part of an amplifier where there will ned to be a pair of them, and chokes and a power transformer ... Blimey!

Hello,
Their products are surely nice. I think for things like output transformers you should get the ones that are already used in other designs where they would have had a larger budget to make a few prototypes. If you need a single pair build to your own specs it will be hard for anyone to make a perfect one from the start.
If they know there will be 50 potential customers for a transformer they can make one, check if it works and do some fine tuning if needed.
greetings, Ed

audio amplifier can give very good sound with standard hammond transformer
even in SE
125 gse perfect for 2A3 300B and 6C4C
for hi res and voltage plate load 1629/1638SEA very nice
a bad amplifier sound bad even with gold virgin or trans angel kiss opt

Attachments

• 125gse.jpg
    125gse.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 396
  • 125gse thd.jpg
    125gse thd.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 400
  • 125gse phase.png
    125gse phase.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.