ADC to IP and IP to DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Distance between them is max 1000 - 1500m.....but what this has to do with what they want? :(

Question is:

Can someone do it?

It's good to talk and analyze methods etc, but they want something fast.
If we talk and talk, what are we doing? :D

Question:
If someone gets a config based on your thoughts - 2 x Stereo channels - and he doesn't use the one of them PLUS that the DAC/ADC haven't LPFs on inputs or outputs and the sample is 192KHz, will he able to pass up to 65KHz through it?

It may be wasting time for you but not for me. :)

We don't want to solve any problem.

We need an X thing as described.

CAN someone do it and get paid for it?

We don't search for other methods which are convinient to other's needs.

We need this X thing - simple as that. :)

It may be wasting time for you but not for me. :)

We don't want to solve any problem.

We need an X thing as described.

CAN someone do it and get paid for it?

We don't search for other methods which are convinient to other's needs.

We need this X thing - simple as that. :)

No, the problem is that you have decided you need X, when what you really need is a solution to your problem.

I have not been talking about "methods that are convinient to other's needs", but about solutions to your situation. If you don't accept the easy solutions and insist on complicating things, you shouldn't be too surprised people aren't too interested in helping you, especially on a DIY forum.

I am not a networking or software expert - but it looks like you don't need uber "Google Fu" to find articles for WiFi link extensions to km with high gain antenna, possible network protocol issues

if you do have a hard wired IP connection on a intranet maybe things will just fall out - be good enough without too much effort

the earlier
I suggest you look into AES-X192 / RAVENNA
should easily lead you to a few university projects that posted SW for distance collaboration musical performance over the net http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Networked_music_performance

but you do need to have the search skill to find these - or you will never be able to follow up in enough detail to understand/implement a system - I would definitely look for a networking and OS expert to sort the pieces out, link soundcard sw to net

as pointed out you may need someone else with knowledge of live amplified music setup, micing, performer's personal monitoring issues...

Last edited:
Unfortunately you need to go back to them and tell them that the 45 to 65 KHz part is not part of a requirement specification, but one suggested (but bad) attempt at a solution.

For their 3 groups they need:

- one (isolated) audio channel from group A to group B
- one (isolated) audio channel from group A to group C
- one (isolated) audio channel from group B to group A
- one (isolated) audio channel from group B to group A

Right? No need for any silly carrier frequencies.

Seems like this is the most straight forward solution.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.