ADAM Active Studio Monitor schematic diagrams help

as_audio - this is quite an amazing and rare resource you have! I have been limping along replacing ICEPower modules on my Adam S2X and S3X-H but never really understood how the ADAM boards and the tweeter amp work, and what is being done on the front control panel. I cannot post my email but if you message me I will happily send you my email to obtain these manuals. Many thanks again!

Hello, as_audio! Your assistance in this thread is incredibly helpful.
Can you please start a conversation with me when you have the opportunity? I own Adam Audio P11A monitors and am looking to get the service manual to help repair a problem with one of the tweeters.
The driver itself tests normally so I am expecting to need a capacitor replacement in the amp circuit. Any help is appreciated

I, too, can't start a conversation with @as_audio since I'm a new user.
I would like the service manual/schematics for Adam A5X if possible. It seems like it's no longer in production, at least according to their webpage.

At first there was very low audio coming from only the tweeter and nothing from the woofer. And now it's completetly silent altogether.

Things I've done so far:
I've checked all the el.lyt-caps so far and they are all within tolerance and nothing is visually wrong with the boards. All the voltages checks out.

Having the schematics would help a lot in tracing the audio through the circuit and finding the fault with my oscilloscope.
So could you please start a conversation with me if you happen to have the A5X schematics.

Thanks!

Ok, thanks for asking.

I've narrowed it down to the amp-board so far. Haven't had very much time to look at it this week but I will check more tomorrow.
I'll take some pictures of the board, but as far as I can tell, everything looks as it should. But the more eyes the better I guess.

I've pretty much concluded that the amplifier-chip (TDA8950) never starts up fully.

According to the datasheet the voltage on the mode pin (pin 6) should rise to between 2.2 and 3V to enter mute mode, Then the PWM output start oscillating and the voltage should there after rise to above 4.2V to enter operating mode.

My problem is that the voltage stays on "mute-level" even after the PWM has started. I confirmed it with the scope (attached image).

The other amp-chip (TDA7294) has a similar function, but I haven't checked that one yet.

Attachments

• PXL_20231210_161732432.jpg
    PXL_20231210_161732432.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 39
There isn't any cap at the input. Pin 6 goes to the via to the right of R264 (0 ohm link) and down the the black lead to the left of ZD250. On the other side of the via there's a track to another via which comes back somewhere under the chip. I can't find a cap directly connected to pin 6.

(Cables are for attaching the scope)

Attachments

• PXL_20231210_170616448.jpg
    PXL_20231210_170616448.jpg
    620 KB · Views: 89
  • PXL_20231210_170649276.jpg
    PXL_20231210_170649276.jpg
    641.9 KB · Views: 87
Hello everyone, I specifically registered on this forum to try to solve a problem I’m having with my S3X-H speakers. One of the tweeters has started to either not turn on or play noticeably quieter at times. In the first post, it was mentioned that it’s possible to get the schematics for these speakers. Currently, I can’t send private messages to the author, but I hope that as soon as I’m allowed to, I will be able to get the schematics. Meanwhile, has anyone else faced a similar issue and perhaps even resolved it? Please share any information you have.