Acoustic Horn Design – The Easy Way (Ath4)

I've already simulated some. So far nothing worth talking about, really.

Attachments

• ds-exp-4.PNG
    ds-exp-4.PNG
    248.6 KB · Views: 717
  • d-el-1.PNG
    d-el-1.PNG
    270.5 KB · Views: 104
  • ds4-3.PNG
    ds4-3.PNG
    299.4 KB · Views: 105
  • ds4-2.PNG
    ds4-2.PNG
    187.5 KB · Views: 452
  • ds4.PNG
    ds4.PNG
    339.1 KB · Views: 427
  • ds-exp-2.PNG
    ds-exp-2.PNG
    275.2 KB · Views: 423
  • ds-exp-3.PNG
    ds-exp-3.PNG
    182.5 KB · Views: 451
Yeah, I thought about that several times. Maybe even because the diaphragm is so rigid the simulation could represent the reality pretty well to a relatively high frequency.

Does anyone have the dimensions (a drawing) of the external moving parts of the tweeter? I could try something...

Last edited:
I don't know, I haven't found it doing anything really useful. The above was 1,4". I have seen better without narrowing the throat.

I even tried to incorporate it in some of my better designs - it was always worse.

I expected some improvement wrt pattern control in the vertical plane. Your waveguide appears to be 60x60°, so it's hard to tell if this is the case.
Anyway, it's probably not worth further exploration.

WGs for the Bliesma tweeter(s) are also being developed in this thread.
I think something bigger would be anticipated. I'm all for it, I'd only need a drawing of the tweeter without the grille. It would be nice if the grille was made optionally removable (held in place magnetically), like e.g. on Peerless DA32TX00-08, which could also work pretty well for the money - I have a pair of those (not so the Bliesmas) and may try something with them as well. These are waveguide-ready, so to speak.

Last edited:
Does anyone have the dimensions (a drawing) of the external moving parts of the tweeter? I could try something...

Hello,
M. Stanislav Malikov, the owner of Bliesma is very open minded and I suggest to get in touch with him directly. see the following link:

http://www.bliesma.de/contact.html

I would really like to have some waveguides for the T34B or the smaller T25B !

I currently use a T25B on a renovated "Boule Elipson BS40" from the sixties and I like what I hear...

Jean Claude

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
I think something bigger would be anticipated. I'm all for it, I'd only need a drawing of the tweeter without the grille. It would be nice if the grille was made optionally removable (held in place magnetically), like e.g. on Peerless DA32TX00-08, which could also work pretty well for the money - I have a pair of those (not so the Bliesmas) and may try something with them as well. These are waveguide-ready, so to speak.

The grille of the Peereless is also for the radiation patern and not only protection if I remember !

If 1200 hz is possible w/o horn, how low do you expect it to go horned ?

Btw , have you purchased drivers on Sound Imports ? No problems ?