A NOS 192/24 DAC with the PCM1794 (and WaveIO USB input)

Did you notice an improvement in sound ?

I have now upgraded the tx to 300VA and replaced 1A to 2A fuse. I found the sound are more open, bigger sound stage and most noticeable the bass got more definition and tighter.
Not sure if it is worth replacing the USB PS TX too?
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chanh
Thanks for posting your findings.
If I were to order a new tranny what are the specifics I am to ask for?
Hi Sovereign,

I bought this transformer from a local electronic store simply for testing, probably not ideal for high-end audio but still found the better. Imagine if I could fit in a R-Core or IE-Core? The improvements are distance to be noticeable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chang,

Get hold of Stevenvalve, he has a gent in Sydney make the trans for the KillerDac, he could do you an EI easy enough, SV has some specifics I won't go into here regards his trannies, also, ring Peter from Harbuch transformers in Sydney also, he be able to do you a tranny easy, I was looking at a 400VA 240/2x30 trans and I think it'd be around the 200 clam mark.
See how you go either way, found the EI for a tube ht trans better value.

Chuz,

Drew.

Chang,

Get hold of Stevenvalve, he has a gent in Sydney make the trans for the KillerDac, he could do you an EI easy enough, SV has some specifics I won't go into here regards his trannies, also, ring Peter from Harbuch transformers in Sydney also, he be able to do you a tranny easy, I was looking at a 400VA 240/2x30 trans and I think it'd be around the 200 clam mark.
See how you go either way, found the EI for a tube ht trans better value.

Chuz,

Drew.
Cheers Drew! I heard of the name SV from many SNAers, mostly from Mario. Will shoot him an PM.

For us Brits If anyone is interested I'm just about to order a 300va toroid for the dac psu from Canterbury windings, who make very high quality audio grade toroids. If we order more than one there is a wee discount. Below is an excerpt from their email to me.

Price for 1 off: £52.90 + £9.00 carriage (UK mainland) + £12.38 VAT = £74.28

Price for 2 off: 2 x £44.90 + £10.45 carriage (UK mainland) + £20.05 VAT = £120.30

For us Brits If anyone is interested I'm just about to order a 300va toroid for the dac psu from Canterbury windings, who make very high quality audio grade toroids. If we order more than one there is a wee discount. Below is an excerpt from their email to me.

Price for 1 off: £52.90 + £9.00 carriage (UK mainland) + £12.38 VAT = £74.28

Price for 2 off: 2 x £44.90 + £10.45 carriage (UK mainland) + £20.05 VAT = £120.30

Is this for the 12v PSU for the motherboard and DAC modules?