6-channel-amplifier-grounding

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Learn to pray.

Thanks for the heads up ;)

Referring to my layout drawing a few posts back, would the steel plates offer any advantage as opposed to the same distance as an air gap only (X direction)? If so should I include the horizontal strip partitions between each twisted pair as well, this would give 10mm or more from a steel horizontal strip in the Y direction (vertically like a latitudinal heatsink) as an additional barrier.

Thanks

Last edited:
I have never felt the need to use steel plate for screening. When I built an amp on a steel chassis (for mechanical strength) I worried about the steel creating unwanted coupling problems, not solving them. You really need to get away from seeing steel as a solution; in rare cases it might be, but it is just as likely to create problems. Make sure that your design allows you to add or remove the steel, depending on the results of debugging. Alternatively, spend a small fortune on a multiphysics simulation tool and run an accurate model.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.