5th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2008

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sounds like fun. Any chance of making it a quarterly event? :)

btw, Rita won the Best Product Launch 2008 Award from Soundstage.com, which we received at CES last week. Guess they didn't see it launched at the Vancouver Island DIYfest :)

Also just got the very last A-34 back from a dealer, any of the fullranger or DIY crowd want it before Rachel sells it? It's replacement is due for production this summer with the prototype now due in March

Other news, we have the TJ FullMusic tubes now and just received the Shuguang Treasure Series tubes, these are very high end tubes, black bottles, fat boys in popular flavours.

Check out our site for details, Rachel is running a promo to get reviews for the new tubes from real users

And hope to see you all the summer.

Cheers,
Ian

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
igrant said:
Any chance of making it a quarterly event? :)

too much work... now 4 different events spread out (geographically & temporally) over the west would be interesting

btw, Rita won the Best Product Launch 2008 Award from Soundstage.com, which we received at CES last week. Guess they didn't see it launched at the Vancouver Island DIYfest :)

Good on you... and they ain't seen nothin' yet

dave

garethjones said:
ive never heard of this gathering before, is there somewhere i can find more information?

ive lived in victoria my entire life, and recently become addicted to diy audio, and wouldnt mind meeting some likeminded individuals!

GJ,

I went there looking for likeminded individuals as well. I can only say it was a complete disappointment.

It just so happens that I pride myself on being completely normal and exactly like everyone else, but I'm warning you, the people that show up at these meets certainly aren't.
I've never felt so isolated and alone in my life...
:bawling:

Best Regards,
Terry "Isolated" Olson

TerryO said:

GJ,

I went there looking for likeminded individuals as well. I can only say it was a complete disappointment.

It just so happens that I pride myself on being completely normal and exactly like everyone else, but I'm warning you, the people that show up at these meets certainly aren't.
I've never felt so isolated and alone in my life...
:bawling:

Best Regards,
Terry "Isolated" Olson

If what's left of my memory is functioning, wasn't it you and Ruth doing the let's blackmail them all type thing? :)

planet10 said:

too much work... now 4 different events spread out (geographically & temporally) over the west would be interesting

Good on you... and they ain't seen nothin' yet

dave

Then I'll just have to drop by to paradise quarterly and have my own little party :)

No they haven't seen anything yet, wait till you see what we scored on our last trip to China.

Check your email.

Cheers,
Ian

Yah perhap you are right Cal. The stone burning was fun but it did get a few folks a little concerned. Especially when we were cooling it off with perfectly good beer!

Perhaps we could get the Ferry captain to keel haul him on the way over to island just show we are good sports of course.

Or you could bring over your "little" set up again and we could make him listen to some nice RAP music or maybe some western music.
Cause we really are normal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sort of..........I guess,,,,,,, are'nt we?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.