• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

500W (4ohm) GaN Class D Modules - Starkrimson Ultra

I'm thinking of ordering this kit and modifying it for my needs:
ghentaudio --- NCORE-SE(300W) Hypex & NCore NC400 NC1200 Stereo Case-kit

It looks like it should have what I need to get started since it is setup for a single SMPS1200 and two mono amplifier modules (exactly like these starkrimson ultra modules).

I just sent a message asking if he could pre-drill the backplate and possibly modify the harness per the documents above. I'll keep the thread updated.

I'm thinking of ordering this kit and modifying it for my needs:
ghentaudio --- NCORE-SE(300W) Hypex & NCore NC400 NC1200 Stereo Case-kit

It looks like it should have what I need to get started since it is setup for a single SMPS1200 and two mono amplifier modules (exactly like these starkrimson ultra modules).

I just sent a message asking if he could pre-drill the backplate and possibly modify the harness per the documents above. I'll keep the thread updated.

I just want to make sure you are aware of this:
Contenitore Starkrimson Stereo Ultra

5 Channel Orchard Audio StarKrimson Ultra Amplifier Build with Toroidal Power Supplie

Watch my post as I build an Ultra Heavy 5 Channel Version of the Orchard Audio StarKrimson Ultra Audio Amplifer. One 57VAC Toroidal (+/- 28VDC) for Two Amp modules, another for three Amp modules, using the 12VAC tap off of one of the Toroidal's for the Analog Voltage, and a separate Toroidal just for the Mosfet Driver Supplies. Lots of DC filtering after the FW Bridge rectifier's (still need to check them on a scope along with bleed resistors for quick discharge on power off.

Shared album - Joe Goswami - Google Photos

One of my customers just created a true dual mono design using the Ultra modules. Great job George.

Attachments

• IMG_9354 (002).jpg
    IMG_9354 (002).jpg
    1,023.9 KB · Views: 488
I have a customer that previously purchased 2 x Starkrimson Ultra bare PCBs. They will not be doing the assembly and would like to sell them. If you are interested please let me know. It will be $50 + shipping for two bare boards. You will also need to sign NDA to get all the documentation for these. Those that have already signed NDA for the other boards will not need to do so again.

Audio Express May 2022 Issue
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dLd9QUK2uSOtCFfTcrix76zSrSVNI9c6/view?usp=sharing

“Both in use and on the bench, the Ultra was an exemplar of modern audio power amplifier technology, and could easily be an endgame for upgraders.”
and
“Lots of superbly distortion-free power in a tiny, cool, and customizable package or prepackaged in an unobtrusive stereo amp. How can you go wrong?”

The next version of this module will need only +/-40V power supplies to operate. This will make it very easy for those of you that like transformer --> rectifier --> large cap, type of power supply.

Also this upcoming version will have a 12V trigger input.

They will be available in about 8 weeks. Pricing remains the same.

Any orders placed on the website going forward will receive the Rev 3.0 version of these boards.
https://orchardaudio.com/product/starkrimson_ulra_500w_amp_module/

A quick question, is it possible to use separate power feeds to the driver and analogue stages on these Rev 3 boards. I've had great sonic success doing so with Hypex modules in the past.
No not on Rev 3.0, you would have been able to do that on the previous revs. Rev 3.0 has all the converters built in to do that stuff. The op-amps are powered from ultra low noise LDOs.

Does that mean they are nearly ready to ship?
I only have the first few boards from production once I finish my testing I will have them make the rest, so shipping in about 3 weeks is my guess.