3Dog Theater Now Open!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
my home theatre?

speaker stands.... i don't think so , you must be talking about somebody else......

the central front speaker is above the screen
left and right fronts are 36" high!!!! PIONEER 530 RC SERIES.....
HUGE PUPPIES (DON'T NEED SUBWOOFER)

REAR speakers are sitting on small bookcabinets

new pics

pic from labyrinth

Attachments

• labyrinth.jpg
    labyrinth.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 568
grafik eye ------X-10

jvisaria said:
excellent!
still have my email?

just email me whenever you need help, or if you need a place to get started or whatever... I am in it to win it!

i was wondering, i found this X-10 command center in my collonial metal chest and some accessories

i need to control the following

lamp 150 watts max dimming ( i may end up hanging a fan with bulb instead but i don't think that i could use a dimmer switch so i guess i will have to choose fan+light or light)

ohp 900 wats max !!!! on/off

panel 300 watts on/off

vga theatre 100 watts on/off

extra outlet 150 watts dimming

I cannot put any wire inside the walls here as this is a rental appartment so x-10 is the only solution i can go for i guess..

any suggestion to approve or counter this?

As far as all the control you need, what you want is not difficult at all to build... most of it is all on/off, only the lights require timing (although i suppose you would want things turned on and off in some sort of timing/sequence, but that doesnt really make things much more complicated from where we are at anyways).

Since the light dimming is your problem, the only suggestion i can offer you is maybe rearrange your room. Not sure what your room looks like now, but what you could do to get the effect you want is to have your lamps in the room on either side of your couch on endtables, that way you could just put everything under the couch... box, wires, etc....
another solution is to just hide the wires under the carpet... you could use looooong wires and run them along the wall, where the carpet is easy to lift up and tuck wires under. since its just the lights in the room there wont really be any drawback to having wires that long.

As far as cost of building this box should be about $20 for the each lamp you want dimmed, plus about 10-20$ for everything else.

cheaper if you were to make the dimmers yourself, but in the essence of ease, i would be buy/dissassemble touchpad dimmers from home depot and then use the controller to turn them on/off and time them, and those things go for about $20 each.

If you have a better or cheaper idea for dimming, go ahead and jump in with it.

the cost of everything else is dependant on how many relays you end up using, etc. Its easier to use relays because they can pass alot of current, and the equivalent in solid state relays would probably get expensive, but worth looking into. Other cost would include LEDS and whatever other stuff you want to make it pretty.... the timing circuit itself will be the cheapest part, so feel free add a zillion things to control with it, and turn them on/off in whatever timing you want.

If you figure out a solution for the lamps, it could be a fun project!

Anyone else who is good with electronics, feel free to jump in with any ideas you might have, or correct any mistakes i might have made.

room control

jvisaria said:
As far as all the control you need, what you want is not difficult at all to build... most of it is all on/off, only the lights require timing (although i suppose you would want things turned on and off in some sort of timing/sequence, but that doesnt really make things much more complicated from where we are at anyways).

hi, i checked the X-10.com website

and i decided to go with this product
they have a special running for $49.95 including software and a nice number of hard ware pieces (unbeatable)
software allows to vreate macro's etc so all the problems should be over;)

choice was this or the diy solution and then i still wanted the
'kameleon' a new remote controller (Radio Shack yuk) which seems to be pretty cool ... any one has experience with this remote?

Re: Re: I'm not using blackout cloth...

verbose mustafa said:

I mean the black fabric you tacked around your room.

Ahhh. The black cloth I got from my friendly neighborhood WalMart..... In their fabric department I found cord stock I think it is called...just cheap fabric that comes 4 feet wide...So I had them cut 12 or 14 sheets(I can't remember)...at 9 feet in length...price was like 3 dollars for each sheet so total was like $40 bucks
The key is when you hang it do not pull it tight...this will give it a curtain kinda look...I placed a tack about every 8 inches...

The other fabric I got at a local fabric store that had the prints I was looking for...

-Blockhead

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.