3 Way crossovers 2nd order

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pic one pair one of bass drivers pic2 pair 2 of bass drivers

Attachments

• DATA_13022078.jpg
    DATA_13022078.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 111
  • DATA_13022079.jpg
    DATA_13022079.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 108
oh! one thing that has come into my mind but didn't see it in it's clear form to speak it out is that I do not want anything complicated, I want to 1. Avoid Bell Ring for bass, 2. Not burn the mids at theyr most high power use, 3. Not burn the tweeters at theyr highest power and get crisper highs with a ceramic resistor in my mind. anyway they were karaoke speakers originaly sold with LD combo sets.

Hi Oskcar,
I think the reason why no one in answering your questions is because, when they actually did answer, you took none of their input into consideration.
These are people who can design speakers from the ground up, and they gracefully answered your request for info. Information you chose to discard.
Judging by your question about port length and diameter (and the lack of info this shows), I really advise you to read up more about speaker and crossover design, or at least be more interactive with the people who try advise you on the subject.
Regards
Nick

Ok 2 things no ofense but a laugh: 1. electronists know how to make but when it comes to explaining even them do not understand the end idea, 2. I am a taylor if one client comes into my workshop and askes me: I want a pair of bluejeans what would the pockets look like so that they are apropiate and how do I look like a senior? I say straight pochets, mid sized not molded. I have asked for a crossover for this speakers taylored I am not making other speakers, as a mather I am listening now on 2.5in speakers. Just want to have these ended they are in the end a replica of the Pioneer cs-v50f karaoke bar speakers I have a narow space, need good dispersion that's why the mids orientated to left and righ, and high sensitivity with these bases 94db togheder. And funny story cannot find all the parts here, went to the dealers shop today and they didn't have nothing for me , oh but 47uf cap instead of 56uf 100v cap, air coils not even in question.

The bass ports holes are 8,3 cm without anything inserted into them. I left so much space for i will make the tubes out of cartboard paper multistrates glued by spinning togheder with corelative glue I don't remember it's technical name now D2 I think, so a tube to fit it will have 8.3 cm in diameter phi. and one wall on each side 6.5mm so total thickness of the walls will be 1,3cm leaving the tube in the end with a 7 cm inner diameter phi. wich I think is more than apropiate. Lenght I think since these are large enclosures will have to be in corelation not more or less than 17cm from the front baffle of the speaker.

Well, did you know that the fact that there are two tweeters actually causes a hole in the treble region? (it's called comb filtering, look it up)
Did you know that you need to make the woofers and mids sound good, you need the enclosure to be divided so as the woofers and mids back wave don't interact with each other?
Did you know that every driver has a very different frequency response, and it's based on this frequency response that you choose your crossover elements?
Did you know that the size of the port has to be designed based on the woofers' T/S parameters, the box's dimensions (both volume and height)?
Did you know that the distance between mids and tweeters can influence the comb filtering at lower frequencies?
Did you know that a crossover network needs to take into consideration each driver's impedance curve?

You can't just take woofers, mids, and tweeters with the same size as the pioneers' and expect them to sound the same. and since you want to replicate the sound of the pioneers, there's no way to get the same sound unless you have a frequency response of the originals and try to mimic that with your setup. Or another way of doing it is to go into countless crossover design iterations (different slopes, different crossing frequencies, etc...)

All this is to say, if I were to take your taylor analogy, it's like a client coming to you with a pic of blue jeans, and tells you "I want the pair of blue jeans you see in the pic, I bought organza fabric and leather stitching for you to do it, and I want you to make it ook like the jeans in the pic", and you know that blue jeans need denim and cotton stitching, it just won't work without insanely extensive work

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.