• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2x150W Amp module for sale

@Fsatsil, wow. I marvel at the varied listening environments and preferences across this site. I barely ever crack one watt in my main listening rig. And that’s with modestly inefficient speakers. I doubt I’ve ever played anything over 85dB with speakers. 🐔
I don’t doubt your needs and trust Eric’s higher powered amps will work for you, but I know I’ll never need the full power of the 150 watt modules.

Rock on. 🤘
I listen to everything from classical to metal. It’s not often that I'm cranking Black Sabbath or Metallica at 100db+ since I don’t want to go deaf but it’s nice to have the amplifier power to do so when needed🤘. I have to admit it was only when I turned up the volume way to high to see what the Ericamp 150w could do. I was playing Pink Floyd-Animals(2018remix) and the clipping leds were flickering on the loudest peaks. During normal listening even at rather loud volumes the clipping lights never come one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I listen to everything from classical to metal. It’s not often that I'm cranking Black Sabbath or Metallica at 100db+ since I don’t want to go deaf but it’s nice to have the amplifier power to do so when needed🤘. I have to admit it was only when I turned up the volume way to high to see what the Ericamp 150w could do. I was playing Pink Floyd-Animals(2018remix) and the clipping leds were flickering on the loudest peaks. During normal listening even at rather loud volumes the clipping lights never come one.
I basically grew up in a high school DJ studio booth. We had a Jands class AB poweramp and a pair of JBL monitors. Just about every 70s to 80s reggae dancehall tracks had the clipping lights doing disco. Couldn't get a fun volume or turn bass up. I expect the Eric1v3 to do better with its well over 100wrms ability

I’ve tried the amp with a variety of speakers but my main system is a pair of T+A Criterion TAL140
Beautiful speakers. Mine are similar using fewer drivers. 8 inch extended range sub driver and 6.5 inch coaxial driver in a common cabinet with 400hz x-over. 34hz tuning for the 8" and sealed for the coax. I am making a desktop design with a total volume of no more than 35L

Hi Eric. Thanks for everything you are doing. When the new version of this amplifier is ready for order/shipping will you announce it in this thread or where do I look?
Hi, Jon
Thanks for your following up here. It'll be announced here once it is ready to order. I think it's probably at end of this month. Anyway, I'll PM you in case you miss it :)

Thanks,Eric

I wonder if you are inputting with single end if you are getting full output Or if you get more output with balanced inputs. My Alpha Nirvana amps clip at 39 watts no matter how loud I play I never see the clip light blink, I tested it on the bench and it clips right at 39 watts.
Bill
Im using the balanced inputs and a balanced DAC that outputs 4V so I should be getting full output. This is not the first amplifier that clipped driving these speakers they need some power to play loud! I’m starting to get jealous of you guys that can get by with a sub 50w amplifier. Maybe I just need more efficient speakers or a smaller room :unsure:

Hello Eric

I need some info please.

What do you get when you pay the $50 + shipping?

I’d like to have the sturdy mounting plate but besides this would I need a buffer? My setup is single ended (RCA), please tell me the input impedance if SE is used.

Thanks
Eric
Hi, Eric
I'm happy to see we got the same name. So I'll make you a special offer with a free I/O buffer (RCA version). The joke here, for any DIYers who pay the $49.9 for one 2x150W amplifier module, the I/O buffer will be free. And now, we have two choices to select, RCA or XLR, just let me know before you pay through paypal.
For the sturdy mounting plate, it may add the weight for the shipment and add the cost, if you do not mind, I can make it for you (We are both Eric :) )
The I/O input buffer is non-inverting OPAMP input design which has a high input impedance, PM me if you need SCH for reference (seems I had uploaded it somewhere of this thread)

Thanks,Eric

Im using the balanced inputs and a balanced DAC that outputs 4V so I should be getting full output. This is not the first amplifier that clipped driving these speakers they need some power to play loud! I’m starting to get jealous of you guys that can get by with a sub 50w amplifier. Maybe I just need more efficient speakers or a smaller ro

I wonder if you are inputting with single end if you are getting full output Or if you get more output with balanced inputs. My Alpha Nirvana amps clip at 39 watts no matter how loud I play I never see the clip light blink, I tested it on the bench and it clips right at 39 watts.
Bi

Maybe later, you can try the high/bass version, it will have the 300W@4 OHM for channel 1 at the single-driven, this may be more suitable for your music listening :)

Hi Eric

Thanks a lot for the quick reply and the info.

Thanks for the offer about the sturdy mounting plate, I brought this up because I’m concerned about shipping. I’ll pass on your nice offer if you trust that shipment will go well and my amp won’t get damaged. I own an Hypex N-Core NC122MP and their unit is shipped with an aluminum base, maybe they use it to dissipate the heat from the output devices and at the same time the amp pcb won’t get damaged during shipping.

Thanks
Eric

Hi Eric

Thanks a lot for the quick reply and the info.

Thanks for the offer about the sturdy mounting plate, I brought this up because I’m concerned about shipping. I’ll pass on your nice offer if you trust that shipment will go well and my amp won’t get damaged. I own an Hypex N-Core NC122MP and their unit is shipped with an aluminum base, maybe they use it to dissipate the heat from the output devices and at the same time the amp pcb won’t get damaged during shipping.

Thanks
Eric
I wouldn’t worry to much about the amp being damaged during shipping my amp came very well packaged. It was double boxed with plenty of cushioning and bubble wrap.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi Eric and fellow DIY'ers. I'm new to DIY'ing so I apologize up front if I ask some basic or imprecise questions. I have difficult speakers to drive: Magnepan LRS. These are measured to be 3.3 Ohm speakers that dip to around 2.2 Ohms and they are only about 81dB efficient. I am exploring a lot of different options but would like to try my hand at assembling my own amp. I have a dual ES9038q2m DAC with balanced XLR outputs, so looking for an amp with XLR inputs which this amp has. My question is will this current amp (150W max @ 4 Ohms) work with my speakers in a rather large room, or should I wait for the upcoming 2x350W version? Thank you in advance! Cheers - David

Joined 2008
Paid Member
@daggerNC, I’d expect that this amp would work well, But Eric could tell you more about operating below 4 Ohms.

I’m slowly progressing on my build. Test fit with fans in the chassis looks good! These inexpensive 24V fans fit perfectly over the PCB holes with standoffs. Just enough room for soft mounting of the fans with o-rings… I’m hoping running them under powered will keep them relatively silent.

Attachments

• 429EE230-B75C-4020-A923-8B9DB56B546C.jpeg
    429EE230-B75C-4020-A923-8B9DB56B546C.jpeg
    628.6 KB · Views: 158
Thanks @von Ah for the reply. I'm hoping @Erica.C will answer/recommend what route I should take. That is your HT 6-amp assembly, right? Looks really good - and I build PCs and undervolting works well with the right fans to significantly reduce noise. Just look out for any fan harmonics caused by slight variations in the rpm's that multiple units might create...

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Thanks for that recommendation. I confess I thought about PC building when I took that picture. I've built a few PCs for my kids over the past several years and enjoy that, too. A point of clarification, though -- this build is strictly for 2-channel music listening. Six-channel amplifier for 3-way stereo crossover work.
I'll be tinkering with crossovers forever, now. :D

For everyone with an Eric1v3 amp
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...ept-design-and-build-log.391366/#post-7153030
This is my build log. In this build, I am using an Eric1v3 board. The main chassis for my build will not be ready for a while, so in the meantime I will be placing the board in a temp enclosure. I would like to invite you all to collaborate on a dedicated case for this amp. I am thinking along the line of something that can be printed then attired with CNC, laser, and printed parts. I'll post up all the design files and would love some help with that. I may also be able to post these parts for a small charge. Have a think about case features that are important to you, and I may be able to successfully come up with something highly modular that may benefit us all

Eric's buying and manufacturing strengths may be of use to us too. E.g. If we can all come up with and agree with a baseplate or fascia and such that can work for us all then maybe we may be able to persuade him to supply that with the amp

Anyway, I'll leave an open invite to join me at the link I posted and let's come up with a dedicated case for the Eric1v3

Hi Eric and fellow DIY'ers. I'm new to DIY'ing so I apologize up front if I ask some basic or imprecise questions. I have difficult speakers to drive: Magnepan LRS. These are measured to be 3.3 Ohm speakers that dip to around 2.2 Ohms and they are only about 81dB efficient. I am exploring a lot of different options but would like to try my hand at assembling my own amp. I have a dual ES9038q2m DAC with balanced XLR outputs, so looking for an amp with XLR inputs which this amp has. My question is will this current amp (150W max @ 4 Ohms) work with my speakers in a rather large room, or should I wait for the upcoming 2x350W version? Thank you in advance! Cheers - David
I would go with the larger amp, I think he is out of the 2X150 modules anyway. My Martin Logan’s would not come to life without at least 250 watts.