• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2x150W Amp module for sale

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Thanks! It is indeed lots of fun. I am by no means an expert in any of this. My hobby building has merely evolved over time through reading this forum for years, coupled with a lot of idle time during the pandemic. I would suggest reading a lot and starting your own build thread if you have many questions.

I only use stereo setups, so no home theater to speak of. The amp sounds great, in my opinion. Very quiet, accurate, and with plenty of power. It sounded subjectively as good or better than the IcePower 300A2 I built recently. I believe Eric's amps are 150W into 8 and 4 Ohms. The I/O boards have bridging switches. @Erica.C can confirm.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, Randy

I would recommend the higher output power FFA002V1 for you, it's the same I/O interface as FFA001V3. It's a limited quantity this time, and just for the 170-264Vac input country which will be suitable for you.

Thanks,Eric

Hi Eric, what is the difference between the two? Do they have auto signal detecting or 12-Volt trigger features too? Sorry if you have already mentioned this on the thread before.

Thanks! It is indeed lots of fun. I am by no means an expert in any of this. My hobby building has merely evolved over time through reading this forum for years, coupled with a lot of idle time during the pandemic. I would suggest reading a lot and starting your own build thread if you have many questions.

I only use stereo setups, so no home theater to speak of. The amp sounds great, in my opinion. Very quiet, accurate, and with plenty of power. It sounded subjectively as good or better than the IcePower 300A2 I built recently. I believe Eric's amps are 150W into 8 and 4 Ohms. The I/O boards have bridging switches. @Erica.C can confirm.

Thanks for your kind reply and input, that gives me a bit of confidence but I have lots to learn. I'm sure there is a predefined way of connecting everything. A little instruction document in PDF format with diagrams would be great. Maybe Eric can develop one and share it, that would be awesome. I'm thinking of building a multi-channel amp for home theatre use but a 2 channel amp for music would be great too. I do like the Wiim streamer but it does not have a sub-out to connect a powered sub, I'd need a MiniDSP 2x4HD to achieve that.

So, for a novice, if I were to use one of these, would I ground
  • Only the EMI filter ground (or #1 on gpapag's diagram)
  • All mounting holes
  • Some other arrangement that is apparent to someone more experienced?

I would be using this as a stereo amp, would I want the regular (not "High Bass") version?

I am not in a real hurry, so I could wait for the higer power version if it is not a lot more expensive - Has the price difference been mentioned and I missed it?
Just for building a stereo amplifier, the normal version is ok, no need for the High Bass version.
Currently, we have 2 models (the higher output power) under development, both will have the 350W @ 8/4ohm.--- FFA002V1 (Stereo, only for 170-265Vac country) and FFA003 (mono, universal power supply), and the FFA002V1 will share the same I/O with this FFA001V3 module.

Thanks,Eric

Hi @von Ah, that looks really good. I'm sort of new to this but it looks like loads of fun. Are there any clear documented instructions that one could follow to put a multi-channel amp together. I'm not an electronics engineer but would be comfortable following step by sep instructions.

By the way, I'm sure you tested the amp in your home theatre setup, how did it sound?

Also, I noticed the module offers 2 x 150W at 8 ohms, what is the rating at 4 ohms? Can the 2 channels be bridged?

Is there a more powerful module available?
Yes, this FFA001V3 module has the same output power at 4 and 8ohm, and it can be bridged, we have the bridge configuration switch at the I/O buffer board.
The higher output mono version is FFA003, there is a delay for the I/O buffer design.

Hi, Randy

I would recommend the higher output power FFA002V1 for you, it's the same I/O interface as FFA001V3. It's a limited quantity this time, and just for the 170-264Vac input country which will be suitable for you.

Thanks,Eric
Happy new year to all

Eric
I looked back briefly, but couldn't see the details on the FFA002V1. Could you please advise on the output?
8R
4R
2R
Bridged 4R

My driver voice coil rating is DVC 2R+2R 300wrms+300wrms, so 4R 600wrms with both coils series. I am looking to overpower this driver by a significant margin. Ideally 700wrms or more at 4R or 2x 350wrms or more at 2R

Is there a high/bass version of this amp?

Thanks and Regards
Randy

Happy new year to all

Eric
I looked back briefly, but couldn't see the details on the FFA002V1. Could you please advise on the output?
8R
4R
2R
Bridged 4R

My driver voice coil rating is DVC 2R+2R 300wrms+300wrms, so 4R 600wrms with both coils series. I am looking to overpower this driver by a significant margin. Ideally 700wrms or more at 4R or 2x 350wrms or more at 2R

Is there a high/bass version of this amp?

Thanks and Regards
Randy
Hi, Randy
Currently, this model has 350W for the 4/8ohm and does not support the 2R load.
Based on your requirement, I may need to change the stronger output MOSFET to check if we can have 600W @ 4ohm with single channel output.

Thanks,Eric

Joined 2022
Paid Member
I will try to PM you to get on the list for one of the stereo 150W boards now and two of the 350W mono blocks when ready (I need the 120V capability, so can't really use the FFA002).

But in trying to figure this all out, is this accurate?

Code:
FFA001_V3
CH1= 150W @4Ohm current limited, 150W @8Ohm voltage limited
CH2= 150W @4Ohm current limited, 150W @8Ohm voltage limited
integrated constant power SMPS with PFC, 85-265VAC.
Protection from short / DC / HF / Over-temp
AC input: 3 pin pitch=3.96mm with pin2=null
Amplifier output: 4 pin pitch=3.96mm
minimum load impedance ~ 3.3Ohm
Size 90 x 150 x 40
Bridgeable
Gain= 26dB
$49.90

FFA001_V3 HB version
CH1= 300W @4Ohm current limited, 150W @8Ohm voltage limited
Size 90 x 150 x 40
Gain= 26dB
$49.90

FFA001 Al mount
$4.99

FFA002_V2
CH1= 350W @4Ohm current limited, 350W @8Ohm voltage limited
CH2= 350W @4Ohm current limited, 350W @8Ohm voltage limited
integrated constant power SMPS with PFC, 170-265VAC.
minimum load impedance ~ ___Ohm
Size 90 x 200 x __
Bridgeable
Gain= 26dB
$__.__

FFA001 / FFA002 Input board
Unbalanced
90 x 50
Gain= _dB
Impedance= ____K
$5.99

Balanced
90 x 50
Gain= 6dB
impedance= ___K
$5.99

--------------------

FFA003
Size 90 x 245 x 40
Size 90 x 200 x __
Gain= __dB
Est. $59.99

FFA003 Input board
Unbalanced
__ x __
Volume control
Gain= _dB
Impedance= ____K

Balanced
__ x __
Volume control
Gain= 6dB
impedance= ___K

I will try to PM you to get on the list for one of the stereo 150W boards now and two of the 350W mono blocks when ready (I need the 120V capability, so can't really use the FFA002).

But in trying to figure this all out, is this accurate?

Code:
FFA001_V3
CH1= 150W @4Ohm current limited, 150W @8Ohm voltage limited
Size 90 x 150 x 40
Bridgeable
Gain= 26dB
$49.90

FFA001_V3 HB version
CH1= 300W @4Ohm current limited, 150W @8Ohm voltage limited
Size 90 x 150 x 40
Gain= 26dB
$49.90

FFA001 Al mount
$4.99

FFA002_V2
CH2= 350W @4Ohm current limited, 350W @8Ohm voltage limited
integrated constant power SMPS with PFC, 170-265VAC.
Size 90 x 200 x __
Bridgeable
Gain= 26dB
$__.__

FFA001 / FFA002 Input board
Unbalanced
90 x 50
Gain= _dB
Impedance= ____K
$5.99

Balanced
90 x 50
Gain= 6dB
impedance= ___K
$5.99

--------------------

FFA003
Size 90 x 245 x 40
Size 90 x 200 x __
Gain= __dB
Est. $59.99

FFA003 Input board
Unbalanced
__ x __
Volume control
Gain= _dB
Impedance= ____K

Balanced
__ x __
Volume control
Gain= 6dB
impedance= ___K
Thanks, Darrell
Please check your mailbox for the reply.
Thanks for your interest in our product.

Thanks,Eric

Hi, Randy
Currently, this model has 350W for the 4/8ohm and does not support the 2R load.
Based on your requirement, I may need to change the stronger output MOSFET to check if we can have 600W @ 4ohm with single channel output.

Thanks,Eric
Thanks for the info, Eric. I really need a big amp with on board PSU. 600w @4R would be a start, but I would be much happier with close to 1kw @4R. This is nothing about more power for more output, but rather a marketing decision to honestly list a tremendous power figure on my flagship bass amp, I have access to one such 1kw amp at the moment, but I like your style and would rather get these things from you

I have a use for the FFA002 if it can do 700w @8R in bridge mode for my school model bass amp
I also have a use for the FFA001 high/bass model in the budget model bass amp

If you have marked the FFA002 for further development like black sinks and such, then I'll pass on it for now and order the high/bass amp and work and that model for now. Let me know if you would also prefer to see evaluation of the high/bass rather than the FFA002 at this stage

With the FFA003, how hard would it be to develop it to a full 2R capability and make it a true heavy-duty module in another way?

And yes, I would like to please order one of those modules. Just not sure which one to pick first

Thanks and regards
Randy