2SK170BL and 2SJ74BL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
never seen any like those before, every single one of j74 i have seen look fairly similar, nothing like that font, the 4 is always this 4 not the one in the pic with the open top and the text is always off white/yellowish white, not white. i wish you luck, but doesnt look good to me

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Originals J74 from Erno Borbely

GR, V & BL

Each one measures as per datasheets:
GR 2.6-6.5mA Idss
BL 6.0-12mA Idss
V 10-20mA Idss

Attachments

• DSC00020.jpg
    DSC00020.jpg
    584.7 KB · Views: 820
  • DSC00021.jpg
    DSC00021.jpg
    659.4 KB · Views: 704
  • DSC00022.jpg
    DSC00022.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 694
Last edited:
I think we're in good shape, the seller just messaged me and said he put a pic of the Toshiba boxes up on the listing. I think he is a professor at Ohio State University, for what that's worth. I might have to buy more of the 74s unless you guys beat me to it. Almost everyone is out of them.

I'm sure you're right. After I made my purchase I messaged him and he assured me they were genuine, but also mentioned that he just realized he was selling the 74s way too cheap. At least the forum now will have access to some for a little while without getting gouged or ripped off.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
I bought these some time ago, maybe a year or so
4 matched quads for B1
and two matched quads for F5
sure hope I don't burn them :eek:

writing looks 'yellowish'
but like said, minor details that may have changed over the years
but no doubt, mine look very clean and shiny

why didn't I buy 50 unmatched 74 instead of 170 :p

whatever, in a couple of years we may be building something different, who knows :cool:;)

Attachments

• IMG_4489 (Large).JPG
    IMG_4489 (Large).JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 728
  • IMG_4490 (Large).JPG
    IMG_4490 (Large).JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 687
  • IMG_4493 (Large).JPG
    IMG_4493 (Large).JPG
    68 KB · Views: 684
The price keeps going up. It is now 350 USD for 200, getting close to "normal" price.

Just a word from my experience. About 4 years back, I bought a Sony power JFET from a very reliable dealer, as a collector's item. The device is genuine, and still functions largely as per catalog, but the grade (like Idss if you like) is quite far off the specification. So even though people say transistors have unlimited shelf life, some long-term changes do take place.

Not a total surprise, considering how transistors are made (doped silicon).

Patrick

yep and now i cant be bothered, i'll just go ahead with my plans to use other devices that have more reasonable operating voltages, provide more reasonable current and more functionality.

seems he was not a nice guy, just another naive but greedy man

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.