2SC5200 Power Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Bimo,

I regret the way you were criticised by AndrewT. His approach is didactic, he means well, but cannot put it across..........

The work you did on the AKSA is amazing, and very analytical, perhaps more than I did myself during the design phase! Semalat, Pak Bimo, anda pandai sekali!

Terry,

How is your new AKSA? Do you like the sound? The design is simple and conventional, but it has been sculpt to suit my thoughts of how music should sound.

Ciao,

Hugh

the predicted phase margin and gain margin values are enormous.
Have you asked the simulator the right questions?

It's the METHOD by which you ask the QUESTION that is important.
You need to ask the correct question, if you want the correct answer, otherwise the model simply sends you the answer to the question you actually asked !

I made the comment
"the predicted phase margin and gain margin values are enormous."

You appear to not understand the significance.

I asked the question
"Have you asked the simulator the right questions? "

Again you appear to not understand the significance.

Are you the "Designer" of your amplifier?

Then YOU as Designer has to select the resistors to give the range of output voltage that the amplifier needs.

Copying some else's values can get you started, but there is no way that another person who has no idea how you plan to use their sch and values can know what your amplifier needs.

I gave three examples of an amplifier's needs: 2.4Vdc, 3.6Vdc & 7Vdc
The amplifier Designer has to select the resistor values.
It has nothing to do with AKSA.

Hi Bimo,

I regret the way you were criticised by AndrewT. His approach is didactic, he means well, but cannot put it across..........
Which are you referring to?

Hi Bimo,

The work you did on the AKSA is amazing, and very analytical, perhaps more than I did myself during the design phase! Semalat, Pak Bimo, anda pandai sekali!

Hugh

I try to split DC feedback and AC feedback on Perkutut Amplifier. Make H2 higher and add capacitance multiplier on input + VAS.

It was tested by my friend. He compared with my Blameless 150. The new Perkutut Amplifier have more powerful bass but in mid and high frequency Blameless 150 is better.

I compare Blameless 150 version 2.0 with my VSSA variant. Blameless 150 more analytic like "live" but my VSSA variant less fatigue.

I think most Indonesia people will love the new Perkutut Amplifier, because of the powerful bass :)

Hi Bimo,

Ciao,

Hugh

Hi Bimo, I regret too that you were criticised........

I just want to tell you that two of my best friends have left DiyAudio.com because of the man from "the Scottish border", and his way to express himself to people.

With the approach of the English language as a native , it is not the language that sets the limit. His posts just works as irritation on the people who writes in the threads......as it is obvious here.

Gudmund

Hi Bimo, I regret too that you were criticised........

I just want to tell you that two of my best friends have left DiyAudio.com because of the man from "the Scottish border", and his way to express himself to people.

With the approach of the English language as a native , it is not the language that sets the limit. His posts just works as irritation on the people who writes in the threads......as it is obvious here.

Gudmund

I will not leave this forum because some critics to my self. English is not my native language, may be I just miss understood or someone express him self badly.

I have many friends here, some of them teach me many things in audio design.

Bimo, plse do not consider to leave. That guy from the " Scottish border ' have teached a plenty of good advice. H might seem nasty but he teaches good advice and I think to sit down and talk with him would be great. We have had a scrap as well a while ago but is is all forgotten. He means well.I have a brother in law who is a Scottish Lawson and he is not an easy guy, but a heart as big as the Karoo in South Africa. ' The province where I live is bigger than a whole of England. I live in Bloemfontein, go check that on Google.
Peace to all !:):)

I modified perkutut amp to use +-63VDC PSU. I change VAS transistor (not single transistor). AKSA 55 and Mr. Hugh Dean's design philosophies is my inspiration. Terimakasih Mr. Hugh Dean.

Attachments

• FFT BigPerk2.jpg
    FFT BigPerk2.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 973
  • FFT 20k BigPerk2.jpg
    FFT 20k BigPerk2.jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 878
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.