200W MOSFET CFA amp

Finished 100W version with two PS Regulators, similar to dual mono.
Singing beautifully.

Attachments

• 100W CFA MOSFET-1-2-singing.jpg
    100W CFA MOSFET-1-2-singing.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 1,168
I have designed higher power version of the PS Regulator and it uses a MOSFET as regulating transistor.
It uses IRFP140/9140 MOSFETs and can source up to 20 A before electronic fuse was triggered.
I would need two of them but as the PCB order cost less in more quantity I would like to hear if more interested for double side PCB, dimension is 120x115 mm.
Damir

Attachments

• PS regulator-mosfet-sch.jpg
    PS regulator-mosfet-sch.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 1,132
  • PS regulator-mosfet-duallayer-photo.JPG
    PS regulator-mosfet-duallayer-photo.JPG
    772.7 KB · Views: 1,095
View attachment 546587

Hi Dadod.
Amplifier works.The sound is fantastic.One of the best.Bias 100mA ,dc offset 2,8mV

CFA 100W DAMIR and SLEWMASTER OPS 2pair BJT-IPS Krypton and NX amp are best amplifier I have heard.

Damir, I thank you for the great amplifier...

I am glad you like it.
You can try with somewhat higher bias of about 130 mA, and tell if there any sound different.

I can see that you stil use metal oxide feedback resistors R37/R9( if I am not wrong 5%), better use metal film 1% there.

Last edited:
Now is time to replace my old Rod Elliott (ESP)3A project amplifiers with new Damir CFA's. 3 channels are ready for test for my active 3way speakers. Bias is adjusted to 140mA. I recommend to put amplifier on heatsink before adjusting. Sound is absolutely perfect, no noise, no hum.