2 18 bass design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well it doesn't load, whatever it is, and it has a .zip suffix.

File Type: zip 18SW2P.zip (78.5 KB, 0 views)

http://image.free.in.th/z/iz/frontoffsetdrivermanifold.gif

This does nothing either.

The Turbosound box is over 50% larger, and we don't know if his drivers will work either. I don't believe their specs for ±4dB to 35hz either, not for one box anyway. It's rated at 104dB/W/1M and -4dB at 35hz (which I don't believe for a single), the dual 18SW2P box is 104.8dB/2.83V/1M according to BB v6.0, and -3dB at 42hz in singles. A vented box will always eat a horn of similar size, until the horn exceeds the size where the direct radiator has reached about 25% efficiency. A tapped horn is not really a horn or a vented box, and falls somewhere between the two.

"Is this much higher than the eaw 850 ?"

Yes, it's tuned to 40hz, and requires less EQ than the EAW does in that region, the EAW looks to be tuned to around 30hz and has a bunch of EQ to make it down there (nothing wrong with that if you have the power, and the drivers will handle it).

Last edited:
My present system ..
162805_10150124186255801_570745800_8145859_881512_n.jpg

Thawach, the problem looks to be a server issue, I can see the images now (but only an animated GIF, no drawing).

"Just follow the download link "

It still doesn't work, and it is a .zip file that is damaged.

i use hornresp simulate it last week and save the gif file. djk 8 cu feet like you posted. use p audio the graph is ok. tune about 47 hz.

http://img571.imageshack.us/i/frontoffsetdrivermanifo.gif/

Attachments

• front offset driver manifold.jpg
    front offset driver manifold.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
These are boxes I built on trial and they worked out fine .I lost the spec sheet somewhere but I'll measure them and post it tomm.Same drivers .
Punchy is what I'm looking for .Carnival is coming up so I'll prob add the 4 to these 2 bass reflex since they go lower with 4 more tops .Think I'll be good to go .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.