2.1 amplifier board.

Been reading reviews of that Aiyima version.
Beyond perusing the usual sheep like reviews.. It's wunnerful'..sigh. hoping for actual insight.
Notably one "murican owner's claim that the wee Freq on/off switch has Zero effect, as the Speakers run full range ...Always, regardless of the switch.
Also that the Sub crossover slope is sketchy above 200hz, needing a 3 to 4 mH coil on the sub output to alter the slope .. which drastically improved the sound quality as bonus .

Traditionally Power output iclaims are fiction on these wee D amps.. everybody Lies, basically.
Usually adequate/decent for the needs of a smallish mid 80's db speaker like a ps95 .
But it isn't a Crown Professional amp either... by any exaggeration.
Gonna have pay more than 20$ for Quality clean Amp power tho ;)
and definitely not... via Ebay.. etc.
Mouser charges 2.50$ each for the Genuine Texas instrument 3116 chip, albeit in lots of 4000 (4.50$ individually)... there's 2 on that board.
Chances of it being Genuine? non existent.
Buy cheap translates into buy repeatedly... real life.
Suggested alternate... IF clean crystal clear audio / power concerns ? It might not.. if only sounds for your computer screen ??
A "Made in the First world"..( using Genuine parts :) Lm3886 amp will Not disappoint, in any way.. 65+ clean watts/channel too.
Good highs , midrange and serious bass.
Have one.. it's a genuinely Good amp.

I'm poking around here in the Shallow end only cuz I'm wanting a less than 20$ cheapy for Windows/utube sounds basically.
With Very low expectations. Plus I'm bored at the Moment.

Last edited:
Been reading reviews of that Aiyima version.
Beyond perusing the usual sheep like reviews.. It's wunnerful'..sigh. hoping for actual insight.
Notably one "murican owner's claim that the wee Freq on/off switch has Zero effect, as the Speakers run full range ...Always, regardless of the switch.
Also that the Sub crossover slope is sketchy above 200hz, needing a 3 to 4 mH coil on the sub output to alter the slope .. which drastically improved the sound quality as bonus .

Traditionally Power output iclaims are fiction on these wee D amps.. everybody Lies, basically.
Usually adequate/decent for the needs of a smallish mid 80's db speaker like a ps95 .
But it isn't a Crown Professional amp either... by any exaggeration.
Gonna have pay more than 20$ for Quality clean Amp power tho ;)
and definitely not... via Ebay.. etc.
Mouser charges 2.50$ each for the Genuine Texas instrument 3116 chip, albeit in lots of 4000 (4.50$ individually)... there's 2 on that board.
Chances of it being Genuine? non existent.
Buy cheap translates into buy repeatedly... real life.
Suggested alternate... IF clean crystal clear audio / power concerns ? It might not.. if only sounds for your computer screen ??
A "Made in the First world"..( using Genuine parts :) Lm3886 amp will Not disappoint, in any way.. 65+ clean watts/channel too.
Good highs , midrange and serious bass.
Have one.. it's a genuinely Good amp.

I'm poking around here in the Shallow end only cuz I'm wanting a less than 20$ cheapy for Windows/utube sounds basically.
With Very low expectations. Plus I'm bored at the Moment.

Well I, want something to get me going. This is my first project and even with a 20$ amp it still is going to run me over 200$ for a 2,1 system with questionable sound/ reliability, the easy solution of buying a descent 2.1 system for a reputable brand might be smarter because i really have no idea how it would compare to a out of the self 2.1 system at around the same price. I was thinking of getting the dayton audio Dayton Audio DTA-2.1BT2 amp(it has the same tpa3116 chip inside) but in Europe it goes for 130ish euros that's a big difference from the 20ish the Chinese one costs. i really wanted a 2.1 amp so that i don't have to worry about preamps monoamps etc that i would need if i wanted to have 2 separate amps. I really cant find any other decent 2,1 amp beside the plate amps which seem really inconvenient because they have the controls on the back of the sub.

Hiya I bought the 5 knob amp with switch, bluetooth and 3.5mm / 3 pin header inputs. I am using Morel MW164 and MDT39 plus one Tang Band W6 1139SIF.

Good things:-
Bluetooth works well.
No pop on switch on or off.

Bad things:-
The hi pass switch for the main speakers indeed does absolutely nothing.
The sub channel doesn't start to drop until 450Hz.
The sub frequency cutoff adjustment does nothing.

Really bad things:-
Big dip between 2 and 5K due to the bad tone control design. You cannot level this off using the treble control.
Instructions exist for visually identical (I mean identical) versions that says it has a proper 2.1 crossover and how to adjust it with nice frequency charts. All lies.

Usual Chinese design with ranks of tiny caps, most of which are probably duplicates or redundant. Impossible to trace and modify in any reasonable timescale.

It has a part number on the board:OPA31162120200201

AVOID! :redhot:

AIYIMA DC12V-24V 2.1 Channel TPA3116 Bluetooth Stereo Subwoofer Amplifier Board 2x50W+100W Audio Amplifiers Board with Sub

TPA3116 Bluetooth Amplifier TPA3116D2 2.1 Subwoofer Amplifier Digital Audio Board 50+50W+100W Bass HIFI For Subwoofer Speaker

Attachments

• 2.1 naff amp.JPG
    2.1 naff amp.JPG
    527.5 KB · Views: 121
Last edited: