150W MOSFET Amplifier with IRFP250x2

To Mr. Apex? THD is not a brickwall limit. You may get away with 5% or so at very low frequencies while 1% at high frequencies may be objectionable......depending perhaps on duration?
Not that it matters much, but many of the old-school Tube Amps, like the Dynaco ST-70 were maybe 1/2% or higher factory spec......
So while I'd generally agree.......I'm not prepared to make a brickwall statement.....

As for using an IR device? I worked for 'em for years in manufacturing and they were NEVER able to turn the corner on quality. I have one of their demo board / 'D' amps needing a power supply......Maybe a switcher that I can buy pre-packaged?

So I received my NX400 boards the other day and am ready to get started. I'm assuming I can just use the components printed on the solder mask? I have seen different versions of the board in this thread. Mine is the version linked above. Are there any details on supply voltages and bias levels. I have very big heatsinks for an AB amp and would like to run the bias on the high side for AB on this version. Any thoughts?

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Thanks the offer Freecrowder. DId you build the amp?
I'd like to find out how it worked out with someone first?
just knowing all is well with the design would be nice. I'm thinking about getting PCB from PCB house as gerbers are available.
I need 4 mono sub amps and one bass guitar amp

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I received these boards, gerbers from post 422 - different layout than other one on here..

Can someone post gerbers for NE555 protect if you have them? they might be somewhere in the main thread but its a lot to sift through! thanks

Attachments

• thumbnail_20230330_073532.jpg
    thumbnail_20230330_073532.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 301