100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Thanks for the concern,
Actually i was a little heartbroken today and not in a mood to do much trouble shooting, however I won't leave him without making a good boy. Once i reach home i will take him up.
Regards.

Sorry to hear you had some troubles. I'm sure here are some people watching your work :) Weekend is coming, everybody will get better, I hope.

dc6

Mr. mile could you tell me if this is what I am doing

Attachments

• dc6.png
    dc6.png
    294.8 KB · Views: 940

Attachments

• BOM-apex ax14_total new_2pairs_rev1_sch clean up.xlsx.zip
    15.8 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Hello Chris,
Here it is..
100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

regards
Prasi

BOM's can be a nightmare trying to keep track of which one goes with which amp or version of amp.
I choose the pcb file name carefully and then the pcb file name comes out on the printed BOM and also on the pcb.

Don't do what I did and had a schematic and pcb open at the same time.
I closed own the pcb but not the schematic.
I reannotated the pcb and sch then saved the sch making the sch out of step with the pcb. Luckily it was all backed up.

Apex A40

which one is the correct scheme with the layout for the resistor value, 470ohm or 470k?couse i have get scheme there 470k for R set DCo,but on the layout there are 470r.
I also have a problem with the bias going up, also DCo which is unstable,
My supply uses 40VAC,
my bias sets 10mV on the R emitter but goes up continuously,
My DCo sets close to 0V but goes up again to 100mV more.
Please help to make this A40 stable.

BOM's can be a nightmare trying to keep track of which one goes with which amp or version of amp.
I choose the pcb file name carefully and then the pcb file name comes out on the printed BOM and also on the pcb.

Don't do what I did and had a schematic and pcb open at the same time.
I closed own the pcb but not the schematic.
I reannotated the pcb and sch then saved the sch making the sch out of step with the pcb. Luckily it was all backed up.

Thanks for the suggestion Nigel,
Eagle software that I use will have the same file name for sch, layout and also any BoM exported from it. It immediately gives a big warning when I close either sch file or layout file.

But , I should start denoting version number and date in layout /sch and BoM.

regards
Prasi

which one is the correct scheme with the layout for the resistor value, 470ohm or 470k?couse i have get scheme there 470k for R set DCo,but on the layout there are 470r.
I also have a problem with the bias going up, also DCo which is unstable,
My supply uses 40VAC,
my bias sets 10mV on the R emitter but goes up continuously,
My DCo sets close to 0V but goes up again to 100mV more.
Please help to make this A40 stable.

the tests are input in short and without a speaker?

hi all. i want to make p30 pre amplifier for a40 but i could not get pcb layout. can any one give me pdf of p30 pcb printout?

I built both versions but this is the one I used in my preamp.

These are for toner transfer.

Attachments

• P30 AMPLIFIER APEX ALL.pdf
    161.8 KB · Views: 244
  • P30 AMPLIFIER APEX BOTTOM REVERSED.pdf
    84.7 KB · Views: 197
  • P30 AMPLIFIER APEX SILK SCREEN MIRRORED.pdf
    162.3 KB · Views: 189
I checked and I actually used a modified version of the above layout. I really just simplified a little as Alex had designed it with two different sets of holes for the resistors and caps. I removed the extra holes to make it easier to etch and drill. I am adding those file here.

These are also for toner transfer. I you need photo sense files let me know.

Attachments

• P30 all.jpg
    P30 all.jpg
    637.5 KB · Views: 366
  • P30 as built componants.pdf
    51.2 KB · Views: 172
  • P30 as built toner.pdf
    79.5 KB · Views: 160
I checked and I actually used a modified version of the above layout. I really just simplified a little as Alex had designed it with two different sets of holes for the resistors and caps. I removed the extra holes to make it easier to etch and drill. I am adding those file here.

These are also for toner transfer. I you need photo sense files let me know.

thanks for files.