100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

F8R

Attachments

• APEX F8R.JPG
    APEX F8R.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 1,489
What PSU and what DC protect?

This PSU. I want to connect 4 modules F100 to this PSU. 2 F100 in bridge mode and another 2 F100 in bridge mode. Is posible to conecte them to on sigle PSU?

The protection will work? you know what I mean? Thanks for answer! :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This PSU. I want to connect 4 modules F100 to this PSU. 2 F100 in bridge mode and another 2 F100 in bridge mode. Is posible to conecte them to on sigle PSU?

The protection will work? you know what I mean? Thanks for answer! :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

You need 2xPSU for 4xF100.
Regards

yeah.. second ax17 stereo module done..
I'm also building 2x PSU protect for a 4 channel amp with these boards. Had some trouble finding some relays that can safely break the output at high dc current. Watch out, most cheap relays are rated only for ac operation and will arc over the contacts when breaking large dc currents/voltages.

i think i'll be running each channel at 100W @8ohm at the most. I just needed some headroom since the output transistors are fairly cheap, so i've used 4 pairs for each channel :p

yeah.. second ax17 stereo module done..
I'm also building 2x PSU protect for a 4 channel amp with these boards. Had some trouble finding some relays that can safely break the output at high dc current. Watch out, most cheap relays are rated only for ac operation and will arc over the contacts when breaking large dc currents/voltages.

i think i'll be running each channel at 100W @8ohm at the most. I just needed some headroom since the output transistors are fairly cheap, so i've used 4 pairs for each channel :p

Nice work... you can use SS relay with mosfets.
Regards

Hey Folks,

as a beginner with first audio experiences i still need some help with my Apex A23 Project. After a complete assembly of two A23 Boards (see Post #6069) with one FX100 PSU using 2x20.000uF (Post #6844) I still have some issues with hum noise even with shorted inputs directly on the amplifier boards. Increasing power supply capacitance does not help, so i think that insufficient PSRR is not a problem. Grounding is absolutely star. The torodial transformer has a shield winding, wich is connected to earth. Can you make any suggestions how to further localize the problem?

Thank you in advance!

the transformer screen should be connected to Chassis.
The inputs (both of them for each channel) and the outputs (both of them for each channel) should not be connected to chassis.

Does the amp PCB include a connection from Signal Return to Speaker Return?

All the ground symbols (except 2) are the same. The two exceptions are GND1 and GND2.
Does the PCB actually connect all those gnds together?
Does the PCB connections share trace routes between various front end returns paths with Power ground and speaker returns?

Last edited:
the transformer screen should be connected to Chassis.
The inputs (both of them for each channel) and the outputs (both of them for each channel) should not be connected to chassis.

Does the amp PCB include a connection from Signal Return to Speaker Return?

All the ground symbols (except 2) are the same. The two exceptions are GND1 and GND2.
Does the PCB actually connect all those gnds together?
Does the PCB connections share trace routes between various front end returns paths with Power ground and speaker returns?

Hey AndrewT, thanks for your help!

Transformer screen is connected to mains earth and chassis. At the moment it's isolated from transformers secondary DC ground. Amplifier inputs and outputs are also isolated from chassis/earth. The ground speaker return is directly connected to the star ground between the dc supply capacitors. At the amplifier PCB only one ground connection is used (also connected to star ground).