100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Attachments

• APEX F8 schematic modified.jpg
    APEX F8 schematic modified.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 1,375
No, Mile, ALF16 are double dye, but same polarity, there are ALF 16N and ALF 16P. You can choose TO264 or TO3, 160V or 200V.
16 is the number of Amperes.

I made my FX8 with ALF08NP, both N and P type in same case, but they are rated at 8 Amperes.

ALF08NP16 is 8 ampers 160V complementary pair same as 2SK1058/2SJ162 pair, just my notification mistake.

I converted the second channel. I have taken some scope shots and am posting them below. I also played about 12 songs through it. It really sounds quite lovely. Whoever complains about the bass from lateral MOSFETs needs better speakers. This amp goes deep and the bass is tight. Really, really nice sounding amp.

I also monitored the offset more closely and it is actually quite acceptable.

Complains about the bass from lateral MOSFETs is usualy complains about CFA amplifiers.

Very similar, the FH14 and FR100? What would the sound difference be?

Input stage is very different, FH14 drive VAS directly from LTP in positive side and with current miror for negative side pure push-pull VAS topology.
FR100 use one more stage current driven folded cascode topology that give higher slew rate and lower THD compare to FR14.
I don't know about sound difference but FR100 have better performance.
Regards

F8 based on Sonal work, but with AndrewT advices about 0V layout and double die Latfet Allfet and zener protection on board

Hi Marc

Very nice!
I think I will build these I have some dual die mosfet from Class D and some Exicon to.
If you order multiple PC boards I would be interested on a pair..
Otherwise if you share the file with us may be I order if I find a good place (price wise) from were I can order only 2 pieces...:)

Curios to compare some of the VSSA variation :D

Greetings gabor

Hi Marc

Very nice!
I think I will build these I have some dual die mosfet from Class D and some Exicon to.
If you order multiple PC boards I would be interested on a pair..
Otherwise if you share the file with us may be I order if I find a good place (price wise) from were I can order only 2 pieces...:)

Curios to compare some of the VSSA variation :D

Greetings gabor

It's an amp i want to build in small mono bloc form factor. 10U coast to me 25$ shipping incl.

Marc

Last edited: