NEW Audio amplifier kits, modules and many others. - Page 15 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th March 2009, 05:16 PM   #141
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SimonKit
Well when I order from you I will just send you the information you need to your gmail address and make the money available to the email address linked to your paypal account. Maybe a solution for bobjr as well.

It is not with rude intentions just safety concerns. I hope you understand.
some peoples tried and use this method as well. but i would like to receive the mail with the order prior making the payment, and after i will confirm the paypal email address and other details.

i didn't took as rude, i just tried to explain the reasons for which i ask esential informations, without which it may be harder to complete the transaction. as i said, i will respect every's person privacy and the submited details.
for my curiosity: on any other webshop they don't ask name, address, birth date, phone number ??? i remember that on every site where i registered, to download or request some documentation, software, access some restricted area they ask me at least this informations, and in many cases informations about my job, home/job phone number, what kind of activity i have, how i intend to use their products or documentation, and many other really annoying fields which need to fill to complete registration. not to mention that from some sites i was fludded with emails every week after that.
altough i didn't saw somebody else writing that they decline their responsability for server security, i have doubts that they take this responsability or they even care about this issue. my mistake that i wrote this. maybe if i wouldn't we shouldn't debate this issue.

opinions ???
Old 28th March 2009, 05:55 PM   #142
diyAudio Member

When I order from Peter Daniel he just tells me what it cost and I pay him bij PayPal which gives him the shipment address. Simple as can be.

Most websites that ask for registration I give a nickname, false information or at least an unimportant email address. I once wrote to a news paper under my real name and found the letter 7 years later on a website! That learned me some lessons. When you do business and order ... of course you have to provide real information. However this can be said about your company as well and I only have your email address. There is nothing on your website that identifies your company or you as a person.
Old 28th March 2009, 11:21 PM   #143
col is offline col  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default TA2022 PCB dimensions

Hi Cristi,

What are the dimensions for the new TA2022? I mostly need to know what the height of the caps/heatsink is.

col.
Old 29th March 2009, 02:05 AM   #144
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cnx:
about https connection, as Christian mentioned before, it will be as usefull as an umbrella in a middle of a hurricane.
WEP won't stop a determined hacker from breaking into my wireless network, but it's a lot more secure than leaving it open. A secure HTTPS session is vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks, but a regular HTTP session lets anyone see the information. Why make it easy for the criminals to steal the information?

Quote:
Originally posted by cnx:
anyway money transfer is made on paypal site
I assume then you are not using Paypal as a credit card processor and require the buyer to have a Paypal account? If that is true, do you have another method of payment acceptance, such as Google Checkout? I closed my Paypal account long ago -- for good reason -- and will not use them ever again.

If I may make a suggestion -- if you are making a steady amount in sales each month, then some sort of merchant account, like WorldPay or 2checkout, might be a better solution than Paypal.
Old 29th March 2009, 05:23 AM   #145
diyAudio Member

the transactions are made only on the paypal website. i donn't want to have anything to do with credit card nubers, is more safe both for me and customers. the customer need to have a paypal account but also can make the payment thru bank transfer to paypal.
i try to apply dor other payment methods as well, but for now this was the most accessible, that's why i choose paypal. can you tell me what makes you close the paypal ? what should i be aware of ?
Old 29th March 2009, 07:14 AM   #146
diyAudio Member

Default Re: TA2022 PCB dimensions

Quote:
Originally posted by col
Hi Cristi,

What are the dimensions for the new TA2022? I mostly need to know what the height of the caps/heatsink is.

col.

The pcb size is 100x60 mm and with heatsink is 100x72 mm. the heatsink height is 40 mm for smaller caps or 50 mm for taller caps.
together with the board, is 44 or 54 mm tall.
Old 29th March 2009, 07:17 AM   #147
diyAudio Member

Maybe we could open new thread for this, a bit paranoiac, topic

Paypal is OK for almost all of us.

killerbobjr, I understand your privacy and security concerns. However, it it appears to be really blocking point for you, why don't you send fake data and exchange some PM with Cristi so that he can identify you (with your Paypal account) matching this "fake" entry from the web site.

I really don't see any reason to push for higher security here. There is no business transaction done directly through this web site. No sensitive data (one can easily have fake nicname, secondary email address - BTW, I do - fake birthday date...)

Back to amplifier stuff, how would you compare new TA3020 with previous version ?

Cheers,
Christian
Old 29th March 2009, 08:28 AM   #148
diyAudio Member

now the required informations are only Name, Address, email, phone number. i cannot remove the address request as required information, only if i change in php code.
if any of you have some usefull advices, i will consider them, otherwise, let's return to topic. i preffer to answer to questions regarding products characteristics, specifications, and other things related to them. i'm not at all an internet security expert, or webdesigner, i'm electronic engineer, and i preffer to do what i know better, and let others do their job. i think paypal is trustfull enough, and giving name address and birth date on the website will not lead you to inferno. i have exposed much more details about me, if you know where and how to search for them and i'm not affraid with them, as long as i know that i do correct and onest job.
or maybe i should make public a so called black list with few "customers" who placed orders before, when i had not only paypal payment method, but also "Pay on delivery" and like the name said, i payd the shipping company when i delivered and i never got money from them. the customer took his package, altough he should pay for this, but when you make international shipping, is very easy to loose the evidence of the kind of shipping and the customer can claim the package at customs, without going to shipping company delivery office, as one of the "customer" told me that he did. after sending few emails to this customers, only one reply, he said "I do this because i can".
i'm sure there are many merchants arrount who were been cheated at least few times, i'm not the only one. but if i cheat somebody only one time with few usd, i can loose all the other customers.
so, maybe will be interesting to interpose in my position one time, for one minute, and see the thigs from my perspective as well.

for Christian,
the new TA3020 amplifier has some improvements, which affect the quality of the sound, i made some THD and output power tests which i posted last week on this thread, on a previous page.
the on-board power supply (rectifier bridge and capacitors) make the whole system more compact for average power leveles, up to 160-200W. for higher power levels, up to 300W or in bridge mode, it may be required to use higher capacity filtering, by adding external capacitors, or by using the amplifier board together with PS10K80 or with other similar board.
Old 29th March 2009, 08:58 AM   #149
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cnx
i try to apply dor other payment methods as well, but for now this was the most accessible, that's why i choose paypal. can you tell me what makes you close the paypal ? what should i be aware of ?
A third party processor like 2checkout, Clickbank, or CCNow will handle all the credit card information so you never have to. Of course they take a higher percentage of your sale than Paypal, but you could always add a credit card processing fee for your products.

As for my experiences with Paypal, in short, never, ever accept Paypal as payment for expensive items unless you're willing to lose all that money. Since you're selling products for mostly under $100 US, you probably don't have to worry about it too much.

So my question is: How can I buy something from you without - A. posting all my personal information on an insecure page; and - B. without using a Paypal account? I was interested in getting the TDA8920B and TA2022 amplifiers (and possibly the TDA8924 too -- I haven't decided if I really need it yet).

Also, have you considered making a DAC? Your PCB designs are elegant and well though out, so I think you would have a good shot of making a nice sounding DAC. Something with optical S/PDIF input would be ideal, but I'd buy one with electrical input if optical is too hard for you to source.
Old 29th March 2009, 09:34 AM   #150
diyAudio Member

why do you think that you can lose the money with paypal ? as i know the customer have higher protection degree than the seller.
if you want to buy something, and you avoid using paypal, you can make money transfer using western union or bank transfer also. i will not ship the products until i get the confirmation or recevie the money, to avoid situations like the ones which i descri bed in the previous post. send me an email and i can provide you the info.
does you nick has something to to with your job or hobby ? just to know if i need to take some precautions

i will make some DAC soon, as the request is growing, now want to concentrate to finish the projects which i started already, few more amplifiers and some SMPS.

Hide this!Advertise here!