• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NEW Audio amplifier kits, modules and many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank cnx for the reply on the question about the volume potentiometer. I bought a nice Alps 50k stereopotentiometer. I hope this one will do.

I have another question: For the TA3020 v2, Do I only need a transformer to power the amp, or do I need an extra powersupply with diodes and capacitors and a transformer?

Sorry for the simple questions, but my knowledge on the subject is very poor.

to use TA3020 v2 amplifier at moderate output power level (up to 200W) no need extra power supply, the board already has the rectifier bridge and capacitors. only if you want to use at maximum power level or in bridge mode you may need to add extra capacitors or connect to an extarnal supply. durring tests, i successfully tested the board at maximum power for each channel, without considerable voltage drop on each rail.

cnx said:
TA0105 Amplifier Boards available !!! i will add the product on the website these days.

Still not on the website. What is the price and specifications? Will it be possible to have a higher voltage implementation of the ta105 - it is one of the few drivers capable of this. Been looking for some high voltage options for some 50 ohms drivers I have lying around.

i'm not at home for few days, that's why i couldn't update on the website. i have no photos whith me. i will add-it in few days. the board is basically the Tripath reference design board, can be used both for TA0105A and TDA2500.
this IC's are among the few which allow medium voltage amplifiers (up to 200V on each rail). for your purpose, 50Ohm load, TA0105 is well suited, can drive directely 50 Ohm loads without 70/100V line transformer.

if you want to use the amplifier with mains transformer, then can add capacitors by simply connect them in parallel with the existing ones. this can be done with short and thick wires soldered directely on the capacitors terminals. if the amplifier is powered from a SMPS, then the capacitors can be added before the bridge, which can be bypassed or can be kept as protection agains reversing polarity. the voltage drop on the brigde is about 1.4 V at 6A.
adding extra capactiors is not required unless you want to use the amplifier at maximum power level, 300W orin bridge mode.

the TA0105A board is available on the website. it is basically the Tripath reference board, and can accomodate both TA0105A and TDA2500 chipset. also, are 2 versions, for low impedances, 4-8 Ohm and can provide up to 500W on each channel and 25-50 Ohms, with up to 400W for each channel.

Attachments

• ta0105a amplifier small.jpg
    ta0105a amplifier small.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 558
MartinQ said:

So this board requires +5VDC, +12VDC as well as VPP and VNN?

How does this compare to the IRAudAmp7 when used on a +/- 80VDC supply? (other than being approx $50 more expensive)

the board requires additional +5V and VNN+12V. TA0105A have more dynamic for this power level than IRS2092 based amps, since at +-80V IRS is at upper voltage limit, and TA0105A is at less than half.
the price i consider fair enough, for this power level, and this price is even the cheapest which i can afford to sell, untill the stock finish. you can search on the internet after the TA0105A and you will find some company fro UK which sell a clone of this for 136USD.

col said:
Hi Cristi,

I notice that you have finally got the SMPS up on the website, very exciting development! Can we have some details? I need a power supply for my DA-1 will one of these be suitable?

cheers,
col.

right now i have just psu's, and for DA-1 i will release at the end of this month, i'm quite busy now with some bigger projects, and i will concentrate more on the development of new products after i finish them.

Hi Robert,
i already ordered few weeks ago 100 pcs 110V transformers from another company which is willing to make them, and they should arrive within few days. i sent you a mail few weeks ago to let you know when they will be ready, but probalbly you haven'r got it since i got no answer. i had to order them since i have more customers requesting the 110V version and i had to find a solution.
i will send you the board asap, as i promised. if you need something else, please let me know before i send the package. address is still the same ?

Status
Not open for further replies.