• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NEW Audio amplifier kits, modules and many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
cnx said:

is hard to compare all this amps, since they are from different classes. each one of them has its own characteristics, TA3020 is Class T, hi-efficiency, and good sound quality, TDA8920 is Class D, same, high efficiency and good sound quality, esspecially TDA8920BTH model.
LM4702 is Stereo Class AB Driver, it is not the succesor of LM3886. (there is LM4780 which is considered succesor, similar as LM3886, but stereo)
i would say that the best sound quality, both in terms of dynamic, frequency response, THD, S/N ratio from all the audio amplifier modules which i have, are 300W LME49810 and he's bigger brother 500W LME49810, which i just finished, i will upload infos about next days.

i would like to mention that with 300WLME49810 i measured SN ratio of 121.6 dB and with 500W LME49810 i measured 122.8 dB. i mention measured, because i noticed that it is a fashion to copy-paste the best values for some of the performances from datasheet of the IC's.

Hi CNX ,
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Can you share with us your music preference .?
I have a TA 3020 amp and would like to know the sound differences between this and the LME 49810
This will help me to decide whether to try the LME 49810 chip .
Thanks
kp93300

my preffered music ? well, there are few styles.
music of '90-s, house music and recently contemporan chinese music, which i discovered since i came here.

regarding the sound diferences between TA3020 amplifier and LME49810, as i said in the previous post, hard to compare, but definatelly the LME49810 has better sound. in fact is well known that the best sound quality comes from class AB amplifiers. too bad that their efficiency is not as good as class D or T.

kp93300 said:

Hi CNX ,
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Can you share with us your music preference .?
I have a TA 3020 amp and would like to know the sound differences between this and the LME 49810
This will help me to decide whether to try the LME 49810 chip .
Thanks
kp93300

Hi,

I am a Malaysian too but I live in Australia.

You will find each chip, no matter the type eg Tripath or driver like 49810 has its own signature, Tripath amp eg 2024 do sound different to 49810, I have built both. The latter will give you more power of course by paralleling the output transistors.

If you have the money give the 49810 a try you will not be disappointed. This is a hobby after all.

Cheers happy listening.

Hi ttan 98 and cnx,
Thanks for your feedback.
I have a few Tripath amps from Jan -amp 9, amp 5 and truepath . I like all of them and of course the TDA 3020 is the best. It sound very analogue with a SET type of sound .
I will get one LME from cnx to try.
CNX,
Quite a few of the mainland chinese recordings are heavily processed and on numerous disc I can hear obvious distortion ! I have quite a large collection of this recordings as many of these singers are very good .
I have a few questions .
Is there an assembly instructions for the LME 49810 chip.?
What is the recommended power supply board and transformer ?
What is the size of the heatsink ?
What the the input impedance ?
Thanks
kp93300

Hi all,

The LM49810(LM) common appplication is to use a common emitter transistor to drive the power transistors.

I insert a CFP transistor pair between the LM and output transistors, that improves the overall response(subjectively). The high freq seems to "appear" suddenly. The FR curve does not much change.

This approach is used in a no. of commercial amp like old Cyrus 2, etc and also from Roender implementation.
go to this site for an example,
http://sound.westhost.com/project3a.htm
I am refering to Q5 and Q7 CFP driver combo driving the power trnsistors.

Cheers.

tubesteve said:
Hi guys, there is nothing such as a class "T" amplifier: "T" may stand for Tripath. It is an "improved" version of any class D amplifier, they say....

partially agree with you, but if they called so, why we shouldn't respect their will, and call-it so. the proprietary modulation scheme used may differ that the classic class D amps. just a hint, maype UCD should be called class U, if we go on same considerations ???? :rolleyes:

ccschua said:
the product 6x10,000 or other 6x15,000 uF power supply cap what is the brand? any specs ?
[/B]

the capacitors which i use for the power supply boards, are known brands like Rubycon, Nippon-chemicon, or nichicon, maron, samwa, nover, ELNA. for identical boards with different caps, the price may vary. you can mention which one you preffer, the one which the board has or another one and the price ca be different if the caps are also different. for every board i write the parameters, such as voltage and current capabilities, and suitable amplifiers. for more info, you can contact me.

I am looking for 6x15,000uF or 6x22,000uF Elna, Nichicon, Nover, BHC, grade.

Prefer diodes MB508 or equi and come with bleeder resistor.

I will buy toroidal 300VA 2x25V ac. required output 18Vdc.

The caps are planned for Nelson pass F5. Your suggestion is welcome.

item to be shipped to malaysia.

kp93300 said:
Is there an assembly instructions for the LME 49810 chip.?
What is the recommended power supply board and transformer ?
What is the size of the heatsink ?
What the the input impedance ?
Thanks
kp93300

for now, i sell the LME49810 amplifier just in complete assembled and tested form. on request i can sell aslo as kit, and i will provide all the information for building the amplifier, step by step.
the transformer power rating should be at least 500VAfor each 300W module, 1000VA for 2 modules, and at least 800VA for each channel of 500W model. to get the full power, the supply voltage for 300W at 8Ohms model should be +-75V for the power stage and +-85V for the driver stage, and for the 500W at 4 Ohm model, +-72V for the power stage, +-80V for the driver stage.
the amplifier can be used with this double power supply boards which i have available, Power Supply 4x10000uF/80V+2x10000uF/100V http://connexelectronic.com/product...ducts_id/95?osCsid=6jggk6isqshoigk3p6mr8sala0
the size of the heatsink for 300W model is 182x100x45mm, and for the 500W model is 254x100x45mm. the board is already installed on the heatsink.
input impedance is 33K, on request can be changed in the range of 10-100K to match the preamplifier stage impedance.

ccschua said:
To clarify the power supply circuit as below. I will be using 300VA with 2x25V output. I need your board to be able to give a output of +- 18V dc.

i assume that you will use regulated supply, since from 2x25V AC you will get 2x34V DC after rectification and filtering, which will drop to 30-32V DC when using a Class A amplifier, depending on the amplifier consumption and transformer characteristics.
if you use regulated supply, i will suggest to use a smaller voltage transformer, like 2x20V AC to get 2x18V DC after regultors, otherwise you will waste a lot of power as heat, need huge heatsinks and can create reliability problems in time.
please tell me the current requirement as well, and the maximum allowable ripple to be able to recommend you a supply board.

Oh I made a mistake.

This is a unregulated power supply board for F5.

F5 is rated at 180W and the DC supply output (after filter) is +- 24Vdc. The transformer recommended is 330VA with 2x18V ac output. But I can get 300VA 2x25V ac.

Attachments

• power supply.jpg
    power supply.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 664
each LME49810 amplifier is single channel, for stereo, need to use 2 identical boards. the layout of the amplifier is made so, if the provided heatsink is used, this can be part of the case, mounted on each side of the amplifier, or inside of a ready made case.
the LM4702 amplifiers are stereo, but lower power levels.

for ccschua:
for +-24VDC unregulated, i can provide you a supply board with 35 or 50V capacitors, 6pcs, each of them 10,000 to 22,000uF. please contact me for more details

TA 2022

Cristi,
This is my first time building a T-amp and I have the ta2022 kit that you sell. I connected everything to a 2X22.5v transformer, using my denon as the source unit through RCA plugs, and my homemade 6 ohm speakers. When I turned on the amp for the first time I noticed the green LED lights up and the amp board begins to buzz. The buzzing is also present in the speakers although relatively quiet. It is present with the inputs disconnected and doesn't seem to change at all with the input source or cables. I tried another pair of speakers with the same exact result. I rechecked all my connections and could find no shorts. I tried a plug with no center grounding prong to see if it was the problem with the chassis grounding but there was no difference. I am confused and I'm hoping someone here may have some suggestions for what I should do to fix this buzzing or if maybe there is a problem with the amp module. Thanks for your time
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.