• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SDA-400 Professional multi-way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I follow this thread for some time now , because the stuff looks pretty cool and I am in the market for some HQ class D amps and Smps's to upgrade my Tannoy speakers to active . After two and a half months I haven't become any wiser than seeing some ( beautiful) pictures and requests for tracking numbers !
Anyone have done some serious testing ?

I have a fancy Elektra Espresso machine , If I order parts in Italy, it takes no more then 5 Business days to ship them to Brisbane ( In Australia :)) . about 3 times now over the last 10 years .What is your problem Roberto ?

Cheers ,

Rens
Hi,
Right now the problems are gone (they are the last two expeditions, but part 1 today).
has been a very bad idea to use the post-its low cost, this has created massive delays in deliveries. to this is added the my delay in processing.
you have to consider that especially smps, have been customized for each diy (6 each). today I sent smps 64 total, 8 dual mono sda-400 in this GB.

For your tannoy, I can recommend the fantastic DPA-400-F3. can really give you a new listening. I think the spedition is immediate becouse it's ready from shop AP.
..compliments for your Elektra Espresso machine. :)

Regards

Last edited:
Hi,
Right now the problems are gone (they are the last two expeditions, but part 1 today).
has been a very bad idea to use the post-its low cost, this has created massive delays in deliveries. to this is added the my delay in processing.
you have to consider that especially smps, have been customized for each diy (6 each). today I sent smps 64 total, 8 dual mono sda-400 in this GB.

For your tannoy, I can recommend the fantastic DPA-400-F3. can really give you a new listening. I think the spedition is immediate becouse it's ready from shop AP.
..compliments for your Elektra Espresso machine. :)

Regards

Italians :)

But I will have a look at your DPA-400-F3

Ciao

Rens

Actually I used Baltic Birch, MDF is not my favorite anymore as I found a good source of high quality plywood :)

I still have some work on my mono blocks, the last months have been a nightmare so please excuse me for lack of progress. Will report as soon as I have finished them in nice boxes.

I'll do some serious testing when it finaly come home and many people in France are waiting my review too.

Two weeks now that the parcel has been posted damn that's long, I hope it's not lost somewhere :(

Here is my tracking number if anyone knows where to check status: RA733777026IT

Happy new year to everyone ;)

Alexandre

Actually I used Baltic Birch, MDF is not my favorite anymore as I found a good source of high quality plywood :)

I still have some work on my mono blocks, the last months have been a nightmare so please excuse me for lack of progress. Will report as soon as I have finished them in nice boxes.

Hello Nikola, felt your absence.
Maybe this is a new trend .. to test the Class D amps and smps on the wood? without oscillations and noise? Hahaha!
I am very curious to see the new case of your Mono Block :)

Happy new year for you and family.

I'll do some serious testing when it finaly come home and many people in France are waiting my review too.

Two weeks now that the parcel has been posted damn that's long, I hope it's not lost somewhere :(

Here is my tracking number if anyone knows where to check status: RA733777026IT

Happy new year to everyone ;)

Alexandre

Hi Alexandre, happy new year.
this is the link for your parcel. Poste Italiane - Dove quando
I seen as "working on Milano" but from 18 Dicember??
This site have green telephon, you can call.
I'm sorry, i not use poste-it for ever for sure.

No don't send anything unless me or you get back the parcel because if I receive the two I'll have to send one back to you it's pointless. If you can try to contact Italian post to know why it's so long. I think it's a problem with Italian post because in France we have many problems but our postal company is not that bad it will be fast once my parcel leaves Italia ;)

Alexandre

Hi
maybe you can see well the thread.
Around the DPS-400 (smps) and SDA-400 amps module 2CH/4CH or DPS-500/DA (smps regulated with fast response for Audio).
Depeand your request if availlable. for sure I have last two integrated Amp MDA-400/120Vac and two at 230Vac.

Last edited:
Hello, Today when I opened the forum I got the smile. some good news is required to continue. :)
Pinnocchio: these are your products (omitted in the picture input boards and components). well, now I prepare the package and documents ups, after we feel for the difference in cost.
Maxidcx: do not worry about the status of sda-400. actually only have need of toroids, power devices and final test. the smps 230V are ready.
Royber:
This morning I went to the post office-it, your parcel is still there (the reason ... Overload & holiday job)...Hahaha! ...it's great!!
I can take until 17:30 today for ups, if not, start it with post-it .
Without agreements with UPS, MailBox office ask 120€ (discounted to 80€ as Pinnocchio).
HiroPro:
Hey hiropro .. you disappeared like a ghost, Happy New Year to you too.
Your Mda-400 "Promotion Test" came back. is now available on the 120Vac version of the MDA-400, I am sending you this?

Danilo:
I am happy that you showed a nice MDF, as Nikola on a piece of wood 2xMDA-400 (unfortunately the photos on the thread closed).
Maybe the cure to reduce EMI / RFI work? :D
We wait with curiosity, your tests with good power loudspeaker.

Regards

Ciao Roberto!

I will send you the payment soon.

Question for you, what is displayed on the second picture, I see modules with what seem to be missing parts like line filter and mosfets? On the first picture I see the 2x DPS-500 and the 1x Kit-3 120Vac but do not see the 1x kit 10.

Thanks
Do

Ciao Roberto!

I will send you the payment soon.

Question for you, what is displayed on the second picture, I see modules with what seem to be missing parts like line filter and mosfets? On the first picture I see the 2x DPS-500 and the 1x Kit-3 120Vac but do not see the 1x kit 10.

Thanks
Do
Ciao Dominic, obvious Kit-10 not enter in photo, all is in package closed, wait UPS get it. :)
Second Picture are the amps for Maxidcx (2xKit-1) status of job,the smps are ready 4x230Vac version.

Are there any details on the SDA-400? What kind of chip you are using?

Furthermore how much will a 4CH (*150W/8) kit cost, i have a 1U case already ready for assembly.
Well, one very good for me is just 4ch,dual smps with 2xPBTU-3 filter+ input board bal/unbal input,connectors xlr and rca gold incluse, fit perfectly in 1U case.
prices...340€+spedition.
chip? not use. well compared Vs. serious A-B class ..yes :)
i think you can not buy without know well as made this amplifier and smps story.

Interesting. I was not aware of your amplifiers before now, so i do not know much about them. Can i read a little history about the construction and method you are using for the SDA-400?

Basically i have a TAS5360 system running at the moment, only 2 channels, but i would like to replace this. Can you maybe make a comparison with the TAS chip compared to your design?

The kit sounds very interesting, except that i dont really have any XLR inputs though. I assume that the SMPS is the DPS-400, how is this compared to your DPS-500, and how much more will it cost?

Well, one very good for me is just 4ch,dual smps with 2xPBTU-3 filter+ input board bal/unbal input,connectors xlr and rca gold incluse, fit perfectly in 1U case.
prices...340€+spedition.
chip? not use. well compared Vs. serious A-B class ..yes :)
i think you can not buy without know well as made this amplifier and smps story.

Well, someone kill me...for repeat this story ahahah!

These amplifiers were developed in 2005, with particular demand for a high-definition on the female voice, and in the high range. and were provided in France and Germany until 2009. then well-tested, have no defects and are complete with full protections, relay gold contacts, mute. Delayed start (with led) etc..
The amplifier is based on a modulator with a triangular signal (specifically designed), two feedback (pre and post filter) but interconnected with one dynamic filter slope.
In addition, the SDA-400 is equipped with a circuit "Anti Clip" but dynamic (may change threshold in function of the voltage vcc and the load in realtime).
In practice, it is a good amp, certainly not super amp. but it certainly can not be recognized as Class D, like so many others I've heard, especially at high volume. :)
Envelope remains warm and full sound as AB class. some use this as a driver on the tweeter, I think this is all about.

I think are some good photo and measure in this thread.

regards

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.