• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SDA-400 Professional multi-way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Roberto. Just one question, the 10000mF 150V capacitor is mandatory ?
Anyway, what is the maximum value for an additional capacitor bank ?
And, since we have 70 V, can a 100V be a safe solution ?
Thanks
Danilo
100V is a lot in range of safety consider unreg voltage as 70V.
You have already 4920uF total at output and (very good ripple fiter in high voltage section, as 330uF+100uF).
at this voltage output,the DPS-400 support max 6800uF, but you not need add other capacitors (please listen well).
I know some diy have add, ultra low ESR as 2200uF100V on 70V same version smps, but...sincerely the current increase does not justify the price of the capacitor.
The choice of the filtering capabilities in smps, is a little different than the linear psu.

Last edited:
Hello guys, I hope everyone had a good Christmas, among many problems in the world, I hope at least with serenity. :)

Today is a public holiday, but I'm in the lab to complete the latest products in the GB, I still have to send only two, "Pinnocchio - maxidcx" just bought last with GB closed Maxidcx. this products are at 85% of working, maybe I finish today.
I apologize for some delays, the holiday season has complicated everything.

I want to remember however, that some have wanted customizations were not easy, I tried to make do without extra money.
In addition, the main reason for this 50% discount is offered exclusively to introduce these products for audio, as well the SDA-400, so I really hope that some will want to share your listening impressions. in particular, the DPS-500 with VSSA amp.

Regards
Roberto

Re-show this photos (thread MDA-400 closed).
This is Dual Mono MDA-400 availlable in both 230/120Vac version 2x300w rms(4R) without voltage doubler (direct conversion) on the smps.

Extra INFO:
EVA Amp version for amateurs will be presented immediately after January 8, 2014.
On the same date, ask the Moderator Team reopening the thread "Revolution in Class AB" even if it is ready, the block diagram complete and proto on my table.:D
At end, we have fixed some features as:

300w rms at 4R
P.B. 3,5Mhz
Bal input 600R (use trafo-Input)
Protection..Full incluse servo with new architecture.
Dimensions: pcb vtr black/gold surface, 8 layers (72x80x26H) mm

Well,we see that this toy will have audio measurements, from the name, I expect something beautiful...Ahahah!

Attachments

• MDA-400-ST-2.png
    MDA-400-ST-2.png
    753.2 KB · Views: 192
  • MDA-400-ST-B-1.jpg
    MDA-400-ST-B-1.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 191
Hi Roberto,

My first payment for the MDA-400 was sent to you on the 27th of September (this was shipped extremely fast) but I could not use the product due to 230Vac instead of the 120Vac needed in North America, I understand this was a mistake and don't hold you responsible for it, no hard feelings. I shipped the product back to Italy (Gianni confirmed reception of the parcel) and gave you the difference of the payment on November 8th for the new products ordered, which is almost two months ago. Now you say you are working on it and MAYBE you will have time to finish and ship, first one to pay and last to receive. Unfortunately I'm tired of waiting and I understand you gave 50% off but still these should have shipped long ago, I have not made any request for special configuration. If you had said, price are 50% off so it will take 3 months to ship then I would have prepared for this. I believe I've been patient enough, if you cannot provide me with a tracking number before end of day December 30th then I will take a full refund as soon as possible (see PM I sent you 1-2 weeks ago for total amount).

I really wanted to test and review your products on my forum since I'm convinced they are top notch but I hope you understand my position, maybe too bad for me? I wish you the best for an amazing 2014 for your business and I truly hope the best for you, like I said, no hard feelings.

Regards
Do

@Dominic:
Hello Dominic , I understand very well how you feel. Of course I would have to think of yourself before others , also considering the opportunity that you have a well visited forum by the French boys . ( I think I have a lot of fans over there also) .
If you believe that I have been working all day yesterday and today I can redo the tests ( in the previous final test , 1 SDA-400 did not go well ( pcb faulty) , so I had to assemble a new pair (you know they are being attacked , even if independent). then , i do not agree that the track number you want today. i 'm working for testing your product now, if everything is ok , today i will prepare your package. i can send a photo to confirm this . whether you insist that today is December 30 , this means that you want a refund and not products .
I can not do miracles , even if I finish everything today , I can not get the track number , certainly for tomorrow .
However, I am very sorry that this happened right with you, you've been very helpful...patience.
Happy end of the year, at the end we are talking about very small problems.

Roberto

Hi all

Anyone can tell me how many days it took between the date Roberto posted the parcel and the delivery? Mine left on 18th december and I still not received it :(

I've already received package from USA and China in economy posted later than my SDA-400. Italian post is that bad ? :D

PandazYa

Hi all

Anyone can tell me how many days it took between the date Roberto posted the parcel and the delivery? Mine left on 18th december and I still not received it :(

I've already received package from USA and China in economy posted later than my SDA-400. Italian post is that bad ? :D

PandazYa
Hi, oh..yes very bad service Poste-IT, this is the first time I use it. UPS is fantastic, 2-3 days in any condition but very expensive for this GB.

Hi Roberto,

If you can manage for Tuesday, December 31st with tracking number I'm ok. if it will take longer, just do a refund. Please PM me some pictures, it would be great to at least see.

Also, can you give me an estimate amount difference to ship by UPS (but choose the one that has brokerage fees included, otherwise UPS pigs will charge me a huge amount in brokerage, almost 1/4 of the total declared value...).

Thanks
Do

Hello Roberto,

I have not received a tracking number from you and you mentioned in a earlier post that my 6 SMPS (no modifications as only SMPS) had been shipped. All payments were made the day you requested it.

Could you please PM me to let me know if these SMPS have shipped? If not, please arrange to have them shipped via UPS, brokerage included - as Pinnocchio mentions) and I will pay the difference for shipment. I have 2 amps waiting for these puppies.

Thank you.

Bertrand

Hello Roberto,

I was lucky and recieved mine SMPS today. Just a hint, it seems that the post offices were troubled with the address field. The sender address uses 90% and reciving address 10% of the address field and I found a lot of confusing notes from the post offices on it.
Maybe this information is helpful for all still waiting for shipment and hopefully you can improve this in the future.

Regards and happy new year

noforte

Happy New Year at all .
I have no doubt that using post -it was a bad idea , especially in this period .
Royber , I can check if your package is still at the post office tomorrow and send you a pm .
Dominic , yesterday I finished your products ( instead of the day before yesterday ) But at a certain time , I had to stop for photos ( I do now ) for obvious commitments familiary to say goodbye to the old year . then , after lunch I put on the thread , ( all for you is ready and well tested )
For ups , in your case with a small discount from "Mailbox office" , I got € 80 for delivery within 3 days max.
Please do not huddled all the blame on me, this GB has cost in terms of time, a lot of money , the products are highly processed ... I hope that all of you post your listening impressions , the only gain that I expect .

The next GB, around the new amp " EVA " + DPS- 500 will be created only if I organize with ups and delegating to someone the whole organization of GB.
Alone, I will not do more GB.

Noforte Thanks for the good news, I hope that the first impression about the products, it is good. :)

Roberto

Last edited:
Hi Roberto,

I truly appreciate that you have put this GB together. I was just asking for updates and understand that you are a victim of your own success! Everyone wants high quality components and this is what you are providing. I think people got a bit impatient not realizing that you are alone putting this together out of the goodness of your heart.

Happy new year and I hope everything goes well with your new business.

Bertrand

Testing the DPS400 with icepower 500A

Ok, here are two pictures of the "tail" amplifier (wrong cut of the MDF support).
Tested today with two small speakers, just to make a final check, and then connected to my GIANT FS-100n.
The first impressions are very good, I've done a quick listening test. Once I'll be finished with the appropriate cases I'll do a deep test.
One thing I can say from now: there is no noise at all, even in the actual temporary configuration.

Danilo

Attachments

• 20131228_183553_red.jpg
    20131228_183553_red.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 170
  • 20140101_115543_red.jpg
    20140101_115543_red.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 173
Hello, Today when I opened the forum I got the smile. some good news is required to continue. :)
Pinnocchio: these are your products (omitted in the picture input boards and components). well, now I prepare the package and documents ups, after we feel for the difference in cost.
Maxidcx: do not worry about the status of sda-400. actually only have need of toroids, power devices and final test. the smps 230V are ready.
Royber:
This morning I went to the post office-it, your parcel is still there (the reason ... Overload & holiday job)...Hahaha! ...it's great!!
I can take until 17:30 today for ups, if not, start it with post-it .
Without agreements with UPS, MailBox office ask 120€ (discounted to 80€ as Pinnocchio).
HiroPro:
Hey hiropro .. you disappeared like a ghost, Happy New Year to you too.
Your Mda-400 "Promotion Test" came back. is now available on the 120Vac version of the MDA-400, I am sending you this?

Danilo:
I am happy that you showed a nice MDF, as Nikola on a piece of wood 2xMDA-400 (unfortunately the photos on the thread closed).
Maybe the cure to reduce EMI / RFI work? :D
We wait with curiosity, your tests with good power loudspeaker.

Regards

Attachments

• Pinnocchio-Products.jpg
    Pinnocchio-Products.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 155
  • MaxiDcx-Products-Status.jpg
    MaxiDcx-Products-Status.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 142
Any results yet ?

I follow this thread for some time now , because the stuff looks pretty cool and I am in the market for some HQ class D amps and Smps's to upgrade my Tannoy speakers to active . After two and a half months I haven't become any wiser than seeing some ( beautiful) pictures and requests for tracking numbers !
Anyone have done some serious testing ?

I have a fancy Elektra Espresso machine , If I order parts in Italy, it takes no more then 5 Business days to ship them to Brisbane ( In Australia :)) . about 3 times now over the last 10 years .What is your problem Roberto ?

Cheers ,

Rens

Attachments

• Elektra.jpg
    Elektra.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 142
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.