ideas for sub setup/build for a 900cap outdoor nightclub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would kill to have a 16A 240 circuit available commonly.....
Unless your system can operate on 240v, it will be killed :).

It's unusual to find any place where you are likely to set up sound in the USA that does not have at least 6 separate 15-20 amp circuits, though it may require a lot of AC cord to get to them.

But if the USA had chosen to use 240v instead of 120v for domestic outlets we would have saved a ton in copper costs, lugging around 10AWG wire for each 20amp outlet is a pain.

I would kill to have a 16A 240 circuit available commonly.....
3x phase 230V (each) at my family house (380/400V between 2 but never used or measured, each main phase used to be 220V in PT). And a different singular 1x 230V for apartments, usually. :D
(new EU standards) 230V Electricity supplies within the European Union are now nominally 230 V ± 6% at 50 Hz
Commonly used AC voltage levels |
When voltage varies - AU (pdf)

Interesting PA recommendations from H/H for indoor/outdoor 100/1kpax events (pics). :D

Attachments

• hh_start.jpg
    hh_start.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 90
  • hh_indor.jpg
    hh_indor.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 82
  • hh_outdoor.jpg
    hh_outdoor.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 87
Is it the amount of ampere that determines what gauge the electrical wires must be? Must be a real pain in the ***... copper has ridiculous price and weight! I've also heard there is less efficiency in the american standard, due to energy loss in form of heat in cables, is that true?

AFAIK we don't have access to 16/240 very often, but 10/240 is standard... which I presume is the same as 20/110?

Anyway, I doubt that one 10-16/230-240 volt cirquit could run four keystones with the SW100 driver with full power, hence my question. But also I heard that amps work in different ways then AC outlets do so I'm a bit confused about it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.