Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
In you tube i have found funny joke

And because of that, i have to tell you that.

"Dx Amplifier is the only amplifier that has audio power!"

Sorry, you have to understand portuguese... spanish people can understand too.

Well..... engaging brain you will perceive the meaning even not understanding words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38tDl_irZjI&feature=related

regards,

Carlos

Well.... i have to say i am not totally unhappy with that dear Todd

foreigners are so better than my people, because school, because electronics, because science, because civilization, because first world, that i feel great to know i have just one advantage from you.....

At least there's something i know you all do not know.

ahahahaha!... to speak, write and understand Portuguese.

regards,

Carlos

which amp is the best of yours.

hi destroyer X, very nice thread. i keen of your amp. which is the best amp of your? which circuit design should i follow?

i have some BD139 and 2sc2922...i want to use 4 pair of 2sc5200. can i use those transistor in this circuit? how about the sound quality and wats?

waiting for your advice.

thank you.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Re: which amp is the best of yours.

space2000 said:
i have some BD139 and 2sc2922...i want to use 4 pair of 2sc5200. can i use those transistor in this circuit? how about the sound quality and wats?.

You need to be looking for quasi-complementary output topology if you only have 2sc5200 transistors. DX amps are emitter-follower, you need 2SA1943 transistors as well.

regards

Goto Precision I (number one in Roman Letters)

Best power, better quality to use 4 pairs is Precision I

But this will be correct if you love power and love bass..if you do not need power and love treble, accepting lower power and only 1 par of output transistors to each channel, then go to HRII.

Here the options you have:

Dx Standard, 1 pair into output, 35 volts simetrical, 100 watts into 4 ohms, huge bass, fair treble

Dx HRII, 1 pair into output, 35 volts simetrical, 70 watts into 8 ohms, controled bass and excelent treble

Dx Precision I, 3 pairs into output, 64 volts simetrical, 270 watts into 4 ohms, controled and huge bass, special mid range reproduction, reasonable treble.

But if you wanna be very happy, and wants to drive me happy too, assemble all three amplifiers and publish many pictures of your construction here... also send me pictures of yourself, house, family, dog, tree, river fishes, plants, flowers, rivers,sky,forest,neighborhood,bicycle,automobile, town,ceramics, fly, ants, rocks and stones and all stuff...also can include a cat and a bird..and send all stuff to

panzertoo@yahoo.com

First i love electronics of audio
Second i love pictures
third i love pictures of audio electronics, hi resolution ones (bigger than 3 Megapixels with nice focus)

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 100_0249.jpg
    100_0249.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 675
IMG_0669_1.jpg

You need 6 pairs for PI... if you want reliable full power

You need only 2 pair for HRII... (I loves me some HRII)...
Oooh and they are getting prettier... the factory started doing the top and bottom masks I nagged about...

Board installed with 90% of bottom components on top for testing/confirmation oh and don't think you will get away with such a small heatsink on PI... I put a huge fan on that....

Yes... thank you to remember me that..good brain refresh cicle you gave

6 pairs will be more correct and more reliable.

I have, already, some folks that build Dx Amplifiers in Asia...will be interesting to "invade" whole Asia with Dx Sonics.

Some of Dx Amplifiers, in special the first one, the Dx Standard, was clearly "inspired" into the best line of Amplifiers into this whole world... Aspen Amplifiers, the famous and magnificent AKSA amplifiers...in my point of view, nothing can beat those amplifiers, and the designer, Hugh Dean, is just the best one!...the King of Audio Amplifiers!

The only way people has to take the chance to listen something that "just remember" the Aksa sonics, without have to pay the fair price by Aspen Amplifiers products, is to listen my Dx Amplifier, that has not the great sonics, but remembers...you know... have something alike.... the same topologie.... but the real thing i have here, different subcircuits, different biased unit, very special sonics... unbeatable and eat my Dx Amplifier into the breakfast laughing in a relaxed way.

I have ENORMOUS respect by this man... Hugh Dean, my Master, my teacher, the one inspired me.

regards,

Carlos

Yes... we have some HRII around the Globe

Everything starting once again.... in Brazil people is starting to build the Dx Standard... some of them wants HRII and some wants Precision I..... the whole thing starting again.

Well.... third world is a little bit different.... but we use to have fun about our problems...this is a Brazilian joke about our distant cities Lan houses.

hehehehe

Carlos

Attachments

• lan house.jpg
    lan house.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 637
JUST WAITING FOR A REAL AMP.

DEAR UNCLE Carlos,

THANK YOU FOR ANSWER. I KNOW YOU ARE A NICE MAN. I AM NOT GOOD IN ENGLISH EITHER. MY ORIGIN IS BANGLADESH BUT I AM LIVING IN SINGAPORE FOR LONG TIME. ELECTRONICS IS MY HOBBY. I AM NOW 36. WHEN I WAS YOUNG, I NEVER HAD ENOUGH MONEY TO MAKE HI-END CLASS TYPE AMP BUT NOW THATS ONLY A PAST STORY. NOW I CAN AFFORD TO SPEND MUCH MONEY TO MAKE A HI-END AMP FOR MY VERY OWN USE. I LIKE TO LISTEN SWEET AND QUALITY AUDIO SOUND. I SAW AT SIMLIM VALVE AMP...SO NICE SOUND. I WAS WONDERING IF I CAN MAKE ONE. I CAN PERCHASE THAT EASILY BUT I WON'T. I DON'T HAVE PROPER ARANGEMENT FOR MAKING VALVE AMP.I WANT TO MAKE TRANSISTOR TYPE AMP. IT DSN'T MTR HOW MUCH COST IT. I WANT TO USE BEST TRANSITOR IN THE WORLD, IT DSN'T MTR IF I CAN'T USE MY OWN 2SC5200....AS LONG AS I CAN FIND RECOMENDED TRANSISTOR. I ALSO HAVE 2SC2922/2SA1216. YOU CAN RECOMEND WHICH TRANSISTOR WILL BE VERY GOOD FOR QUALITY AMP TO BUILD. IF NEED TO PERCHASE I CAN ORDER FROM FERNEEL, THEY CAN ARRANGE THE PARTS FOR ME. I WILL SHOW YOU MY AMP ONCE I COMPLETE.

I HAVE NO ELECTRONICS EDUCATION ONLY SINCE FROM YOUNG JUSY TRIED TO MAKE ANYTHINGS, ELECTRONICS RELATED PROJECT, I KNOW MICROCONTROLLER PROGRAMMING TOO. I CAN MAKE AMP FROM DESIGN.

NEED SOUND=TRBLE SWEET AND MIDIUM WATS WITH BASS . SONIC.....HA...HA...IT'S REALLY NEEDS.

I HAVE TWO POWER SUPPLY TRANSFORMER......AC VOLT ABOUT 49-0-49....6 EMP

I JUST VISITED Dx HRII,....NICE, BUT DO YOU THINK 2SC5200 WILL PRODUCE NICE SOUND OR CAN CHANGE OTHER TYPE TO GET BTR SOUND?....HOW ABOUT THE VOLTAGE? CAN I APPLY DC VOLT 56+ -?

PLS RECOMEND.

THANK YOU AGAIN.

BEST REGARDS
MICHAEL

Try to use small letters Michael.... i do not bother with those things, but

i know very well that internet people perceive the big letters alike someone screaming... talking very loud... you know, giving orders, beeing unkind..... so..if you can do this favor to US... then write small letters.

The 2SC2922 are may prefered transistor, and the PNP is exactly the one you have mentioned....so... we agree about the special quality of those transistors made by Sanken.

Your 49 AC volts you have to multiply by 1.41 to obtain the resultant voltage after rectification and filtering...so... if your 49 is AC, you gonna have 69 volts and this can be used into the Precision I amplifier.... go to the group buy.... it is non profit...so...the board is the factory cost plus the mail cost, or ask Nordic the layout to produce boards into your home.

I hope you gonna be happy with the Precision amplifier.... i think you will be very happy with it.

Thank you by your words, your nice mail, your life story....and welcome to the Dx Crew, and this will happens when you start to build Dx Amplifiers.... the happy amplifiers.

Follow the schematic and use your soldering iron and everything gonna be all rigth.

regards,

Carlos

uncle carlos

hi unlce Carlos.

Good morning. Thank you for your answer. you have recomended DX-HRII for sound quality....can i apply 56v dc on it? those input transistor can take 56 volt?

i like u said HRII sound is much btr. pls let me know if i can operate HRII.

what is diffrence btwn 2sc5200 and 2sc2922? is there any sound quality dfrent or power?

thank you.
michael

Negative.... this voltage will not be a good idea to use HRII

You will have to make several modifications.... also the board will not fit the many output transistors... wires are not a very good idea.... not something safe to use... i use to install wires into my own home things, but if this explodes i will take the responsability and losses to myself...cannot recommend or accept that to my forum friends, or Dx Amplifier builders... reliability is important..very important.

Better not to try to produce HRII to that range of voltage.

The Precision I has nice trebles too.... the problem is that bass is so huge that in comparison you understand the treble as shy...have only to reduce input condenser to turn it more ballanced to your years..... yes..it is flat... same level... do not know why sounds so strong into bass...mid range is excelent too... also treble is fine.....but comparing, seems to me HRII has more treble, but this DO NOT means the Precision I do not have treble...this is just comparison.... one seems a little bit more present into trebles.

The 2SC2922 seems that increase a little your treble reproduction level... seems that...not sure if really does into the electrical level...but the diference is the same you have turning your treble control, while using 2SC5200, 2 hours more to the rigth side, clockwise, increasing treble level into the tone control... doing that, seems to me that 2SC5200 will reproduce the same as 2SC2922.... almost the same in my point o view.... the advantage to me is that 2SC2922 is more huge....has more area to dissipate heat, has almost the same gain to PNP and NPN, accept big overdriven without burn, accept higher voltage from base to emitter without burn.... i love them, the Sankens, this pair, only because they are strong...not really because difference in sonics.... this is very small.

Build the Precision to use this voltage you have..... and read a little the Precision thread to understand the adjustments into the zener diodes.... those things were already posted to avoid to explain individually to each one that start to have interest to build.

regards,

Carlos

They are there, the jumpers, to connect circuit points...and they exist to avoid

the need of double face boards that use to be very expensive.

I have asked Nico to install jumpers under the board, wire jumpers, insulated wire jumpers, in such a way we cannot see them because they are under the board.

Also have asked him not to paint the lines over the board, because the jumpers are to be soldered under the board... and i believe the jumpers were made this way.

Jumpers are something not very nice, not very good....but very needed, not to use them represent to pay much more for the boards.

regards,

Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.