Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

hi there,
many thx again for this wonderful moode.. :) i´m here now at beta8, works very well, was playing a little bit around and have 2 questions/issues:
1. cant get above 192khz (384khz for example) with the hifiberry-dac-dtoverlay (also if i set 24/384 in the MPD-settings)..guess it was only possible with the RT-Kernel ?
2.try to edit the squuezelite.conf in /etc but it after a reboot it has the standard settings again..guess i had to change the squeezelite-settings/conf elsewhere, but where ?

but soo many thx again ;-)

Things have changed recently. Due to licensing issues, moode is now free, but you have to be a "linux enthousiast" and build the img file yourself following a recipe that Tim makes available to you in those folders.

Remy

Hi Remy,

Its not not a licensing issue, but a workload issue. I don't have the time to provide the requirements for GPL compliance doing it manually. Hopefully I can automate this.

-Tim

hi there,
many thx again for this wonderful moode.. :) i´m here now at beta8, works very well, was playing a little bit around and have 2 questions/issues:
1. cant get above 192khz (384khz for example) with the hifiberry-dac-dtoverlay (also if i set 24/384 in the MPD-settings)..guess it was only possible with the RT-Kernel ?
2.try to edit the squuezelite.conf in /etc but it after a reboot it has the standard settings again..guess i had to change the squeezelite-settings/conf elsewhere, but where ?

Hi,

1. Adv kernels have always been experimental and never guaranteed to be continued.

2. Send me email and I'll help troubleshoot :)

-Tim

Last edited:
hello, i'm certainly dumb but i'm not able to download moode OS, the download link just give me a set of folders of the code but not an image as i did had months ago when i "bought" it.
Any help is warmly welcome?
Jacye996. Things have changed... What you download now is a bunch of folders compressed into a zip file, that contains the computer code to make mOOde. On a mac, when you download the zip file it seems to unzip it automatically. At least mine does.

In the folders created, the rel-stretch/other/build folder contains a recipe file.

What you need to do is download the image file for the base system, which is rasbian stretch lite, make some adjustments so it gives you wifi and the ability to login; then flash that to the sdcard. Once your Pi boots with this base image, *and* you can login to it *and* you can use it to download stuff from the internet; you can follow the rest of the recipe to make mOOde.
(Cutting and pasting the commands from the recipe into the terminal works)

I tried this on the bus on the way home last night, using my phone as a wifi hotspot and I got the base image built in about an hour and fifteen minutes.

Not exactly trivial, but do-able if you're savvy enough to follow instructions to burn an image; you take it slowly and don't miss any steps!

If you already have a working version of mOOde, I'd buy a new sdcard to play with.

Tim, how about a link on the main webpage to the very latest build recipe? (Something like "latest recipe for version XXX. For older versions, see the recipe contained in the distribution.)

Last edited:
Trying moOde recipe on OrangePi PC with armbian xenial. I got error here and there, but finally i can hear music. Thank Tim :D

Attachments

• Screenshot-2017-11-8 moOde Player.png
    Screenshot-2017-11-8 moOde Player.png
    130.3 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
Trying to run Beta 8 install but at sudo pip install gmusicapi

it hangs at this point Running setup.py bdist_wheel for lxml ... |
Left it for 20 m and no change. Restarted the process, same hang point. Pity it was going so well.

Sorry I was being impatient it seems.

On my Pi Zero I needed to create a swap file and turn swap on to be able to get past this step.

nano /etc/dphys-swapfile and set

CONF_SWAPFILE=600

then

dphys-swapfile setup
dphys-swapfile swapon

do the build, then

dphys-swapfile swapoff

Cheers,

Phil

Jacye996. Things have changed... What you download now is a bunch of folders compressed into a zip file, that contains the computer code to make mOOde. On a mac, when you download the zip file it seems to unzip it automatically. At least mine does.

In the folders created, the rel-stretch/other/build folder contains a recipe file.

What you need to do is download the image file for the base system, which is rasbian stretch lite, make some adjustments so it gives you wifi and the ability to login; then flash that to the sdcard. Once your Pi boots with this base image, *and* you can login to it *and* you can use it to download stuff from the internet; you can follow the rest of the recipe to make mOOde.
(Cutting and pasting the commands from the recipe into the terminal works)

I tried this on the bus on the way home last night, using my phone as a wifi hotspot and I got the base image built in about an hour and fifteen minutes.

Not exactly trivial, but do-able if you're savvy enough to follow instructions to burn an image; you take it slowly and don't miss any steps!

If you already have a working version of mOOde, I'd buy a new sdcard to play with.

Tim, how about a link on the main webpage to the very latest build recipe? (Something like "latest recipe for version XXX. For older versions, see the recipe contained in the distribution.)

:cheers:

hi there,

Ah, I misinterpreted #2. The squeezelite settings are maintained in a SQL table. You can change them via Audio config, CONFIGURE squeezelite.

-Tim

Trying moOde recipe on OrangePi PC with armbian xenial. I got error here and there, but finally i can hear music. Thank Tim :D

Hi,

Thats excellent. U may be first to run moOde on other platform :)

I can't read the screen shot you posted but I'd like to code for any platform differences that cause errors.

Email tim at moodeaudio dot org and lets discuss!

-Tim