F5 Turbo Circuit Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks ....

output circuit board dimensions ...?

Yes ...

Not if he runs enuff and keep them within SOAR....

Your amp will have to be able to sink power continuously into 2 ohm to not have bass issues when driving that load, noticed you have the port tuning at a low 20hz, what size driver ... ?

Wayne,

attached the UMS from diyaudio for drilling the holes, overall dimensions can be found in the article details in the store (see Variac's link).

Would you mind clarifying your response and give me your opinion as you stated you have one ?

Cheers,

Max

Attachments

• universal-mounting-specification-v2.1.pdf
    566.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
The store boards do make daisy chaining the outputs easy. You will need a long sink, or a tall one that allows over/under positioning. Here are my boards. I used quick connectors to test amps for easy install and to avoid soldering. These boards will be heading back to Variac and hopefully will be given away at BA. I have had zero issue with stablilty. I have built 5 f5T's, as of this set. second pic is quick connectors I use. They fit really well into most pcb's. Radio Shack has them.

Attachments

• 2012-05-22 21.07.46.jpg
    2012-05-22 21.07.46.jpg
    747.8 KB · Views: 485
  • 2012-05-22 20.33.39.jpg
    2012-05-22 20.33.39.jpg
    741.8 KB · Views: 462
Last edited:
There is no doubt that their turn on is related to both heat and voltage. That being said, having them on the sink may offer more temp stability than having individual sinks. An ideal scenario might be to have them off the main sink, but tied together with a copper bar. That way, they will at least be some thermal similarity between them.

There is no doubt that their turn on is related to both heat and voltage. That being said, having them on the sink may offer more temp stability than having individual sinks. An ideal scenario might be to have them off the main sink, but tied together with a copper bar. That way, they will at least be some thermal similarity between them.

the last one may be the best way. or the first one. depending on voltage drop across source resistors. the copperbar with source resistors/bias matched to the cooling from the copperbar may be the best one:)

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The solderpads for a few connections have only one hole - they were obviously made for one of those connectors that solders to the board and has screw terminals. ( I don't know the official name ) This is not a bad thing, and if anybody could figure out a part number for the connector, things would be easier...

Anyway, there are at least 2 connections on the center board (speaker output and GND) that have need of multiple wires but don't have enough holes... So it will be required to buss them somehow or get really creative on making multiple connections on one hole.

That said, the PCB are really quite nice, and only minor changes will need to be made to address this issue in the next revision.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.