F5 Turbo Circuit Boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Impedence plot

Any opinions ?

Attachments

• Zspkdroit.JPG
    Zspkdroit.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 630
post2103:
is that 70degrees of phase angle at 4ohms @ ~40Hz
& ~45degrees @ 3ohms @ ~60Hz?

Those will be very demanding of the output stage and drivers with short term loads.
At 40 to 70Hz the tones could be quite sustained. Could high levels of these bass tones these blow up the output stage?

Yes Andrew, that's the way to read the graph!

Hence ,my question: As much Power into 4 ohms as possible (higher rails) or as much "class A" as I can get from lower rails ?

Last edited:
Andrew,

I am totally willing to have a closer look, your indications don't help me though.

Could you tell me what you mean by SOAR - I am pretty sure not a jordan village or cognitive architecture.

If it's "Safe Operating Area" then I would just need a hint on where to find information on Bensen.

Thanks,

Max

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
:sarge:

Usual Excuses: Family Issues, Day Job, other PCB/chassis issues...
BUT the circuit board sets are now individually labeled, packed and SENT by UPS to the order fulfillment center. Should get there in 2 days plus 2-3 days processing on their end and they'll be in the store. The fulfillment people are more reliable then I as it IS their "Day Job"

Thanks ....

output circuit board dimensions ...?

Any opinions ?

Yes ...

post2103:
is that 70degrees of phase angle at 4ohms @ ~40Hz
& ~45degrees @ 3ohms @ ~60Hz?

Those will be very demanding of the output stage and drivers with short term loads.
At 40 to 70Hz the tones could be quite sustained. Could high levels of these bass tones these blow up the output stage?

Not if he runs enuff and keep them within SOAR....

Yes Andrew, that's the way to read the graph!

Hence ,my question: As much Power into 4 ohms as possible (higher rails) or as much "class A" as I can get from lower rails ?

Your amp will have to be able to sink power continuously into 2 ohm to not have bass issues when driving that load, noticed you have the port tuning at a low 20hz, what size driver ... ?

Last edited:
Thanks ....

output circuit board dimensions ...?

Yes ...

Not if he runs enuff and keep them within SOAR....

Your amp will have to be able to sink power continuously into 2 ohm to not have bass issues when driving that load, noticed you have the port tuning at a low 20hz, what size driver ... ?

Wayne,

quoting you " if he runs enough ****" , I guess you wanted to write bias "bias" ?

Driver is 15"

Cheers,

Max

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.