QuantAsylum QA400 and QA401

Joined 2004
Paid Member
The ADAUM4160 won't work. Its 12 Mbps max. You need the 440 Mbps USB rate to support the QA400 or any of the UAC2 audio devices. The only isolator available for high speed USB I know of is $400. It works pretty well but I don't think its practical for this.

I used the Interface board to deal with the grounding issues and that works for the most part.

The ADAUM4160 won't work. Its 12 Mbps max. You need the 440 Mbps USB rate to support the QA400 or any of the UAC2 audio devices. The only isolator available for high speed USB I know of is $400. It works pretty well but I don't think its practical for this.

I used the Interface board to deal with the grounding issues and that works for the most part.

Thanks, I think 400$ is a bit expensive :)

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Any idea why or how to get the QA400 screen to show all of it?
I cant use the panel on the right because I cant get to all of the buttons over there.... :-( More weirdness.

QA400 screen.jpg

Thx-RNMarsh

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Richard-
Two options. First run it in full screen (double click in the top bar of the window) second, in the lower right corner is a tab you can use to resize the screen. Click and drag. The rescaling is not perfect so you will need to play with it to get everything. I pointed out this issue to Matt a few days ago.

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
cant see the lower right side of the screen... thats the issue! Cant go there--- what you see is the same minimized or max size. It always looks the same. I can scroll up-down but not left-right.

I'm going to go look at my cpu screen settings... but I like it as it is set.

Thx-RNMarsh

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Ok. I'm up and running.... I think. Had to change the computer Display's text setting to 'small'.
But everything else I use is now too tiny for my eyes.

If they would just put a scroll left-right on it, I could use larger text and still push all the buttons etc on the control panel of the QA400.

Thx-RNMarsh

Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member
What is the resolution of your Display? My laptop os 1366 X 768 and the 768 is really just enough. Horizontally it should re-scale the graph to the space available after rendering the control panel. I suspect something got missed in some setting since this was not an issue earlier.

He just fixed the external gains so the extra gain from the external interface can be accommodated. I'm playing with the new settings and setup to make sure its really workable. It seems the best combo is a fixed output gain and switchable input gain. The numbers are not real easy ratios but its all working and I can get .0004% THD at levels from about -3 dBFS to -20 dBFS which is a pretty broad working range.

As Demian pointed out, it looks like you are running a very low resolution and the software was designed for a minimum higher than that. Unless the application is developed using WPF it is very tedious to handle the use cases at the extremes. I run 2560x1600 so I see the opposite very often.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
From Matt:
"On the panel, you can grab the panel in an area without any controls (such as between the AVG knob and WEIGHTING OFF button) and then click and drag with your mouse. That will let you slide the panel up and down to expose the controls you need on screens that don't have enough vertical real-estate. The goal here is a way to let users with smaller touch screens easily control everything. There used to be scroll bar (vertical) that controlled the scrolling, but that's just to unwieldy for touch users."

Designing for Win 8 touchscreens makes things more complicated.

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
From Matt:
"On the panel, you can grab the panel in an area without any controls (such as between the AVG knob and WEIGHTING OFF button) and then click and drag with your mouse. That will let you slide the panel up and down to expose the controls you need on screens that don't have enough vertical real-estate. The goal here is a way to let users with smaller touch screens easily control everything. There used to be scroll bar (vertical) that controlled the scrolling, but that's just to unwieldy for touch users."

Designing for Win 8 touchscreens makes things more complicated.

I already figured that out. It's the side to side scroll that doesnt exist and needs to have one that does - side to side.

-RNM