TPA3116D2 Amp

Could you possibly post pictures of what goes where? I have done a similar mod to my Audiobah clone, so have the resistors and capacitors to hand.

Thanks

R=4x10 ohm, C=4x330 pF

Capacitors are connected to PCB ground plane after scratching the paint in two points.

By the way, a piece of 2.54mm strip contact can be used as input connector (can be seen in first picture)

Attachments

• P1010069.JPG
    P1010069.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 811
  • P1010066.JPG
    P1010066.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 817
The gain is 32 dB (40x), but, driving the input directly with a low impedance source, no noise is audible; modification of the gain is not easy, because to do this you have to remove the heatsink, that is glued over the SMD components (not fixed with screws as in the seller pictures).

Concerning the supply capacitor (4 x 470uF), in my board they are not Sanyo (as in the seller picture), but they are marked JWCO – LOW ESR; assuming they are not fake, according with JWCO datasheet, they should have an ESR of 65 mohm and a ripple current of 1200 mA, each one: not so bad!

Here are photos of the Amazon board. It has a removable heatsink, and the caps say SANYO - however I'm not sure if they legitimate. Perhaps someone can weigh in...

Iqj9yOe.jpg

lk8RCRo.jpg

kJOy06n.jpg

KuDXu28.jpg

2gq2xqS.jpg

Got out the magnifying glass and...

39 kΩ in R1
100 kΩ in R2
For gain of 32db per the data sheet

Input caps are 1μF, which gives a -3db response at 20hz. Should be changed to 5.6µF for a flat response to 20hz at 32db gain.

Amazon link again for those that are interested. These are good boards and have the largest heatsink you can find around right now. There are ~12 left.

Just bought 2 more!

Here are photos of the Amazon board. It has a removable heatsink, and the caps say SANYO - however I'm not sure if they legitimate. Perhaps someone can weigh in...

Like I said very obvious counterfeits. Millions around, some look better than these.
If one wants the Sanyo WX buy the Suncon ME-WX at an official distributor. Yes the Sanyo should read Suncon on the foil and if buying old stock one should at least take a look at the Suncon to see if the Sanyo is close enough to even wait for seller to send other capacitors than pictured in the ad on Ali or Ebay :D

Attachments

• suncon me-wx.jpg
    suncon me-wx.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 250

39 kΩ in R1
100 kΩ in R2

Input caps are 1μF, which gives a -3db response at 20hz. Should be changed to 5.6µF for a flat response to 20hz at 32db gain.

Amazon link again for those that are interested. These are good boards and have the largest heatsink you can find around right now. There are ~12 left.

Just bought 2 more!
For G = 32 dB, Rin is 15Kohm, so with Cin= 1uF, the -3dB point is about at 10 Hz; at 20 Hz, the loss is about 1 dB; I wouldn't worry for this.

Like I said very obvious counterfeits. Millions around, some look better than these.
If one wants the Sanyo WX buy the Suncon ME-WX at an official distributor. Yes the Sanyo should read Suncon on the foil and if buying old stock one should at least take a look at the Suncon to see if the Sanyo is close enough to even wait for seller to send other capacitors than pictured in the ad on Ali or Ebay :D

Yeah, it seems that Sanwu is using counterfeit "Sanyo" caps on these boards, and also on their TDA7498 in the same form-factor. I have both, neither have the K-vent.

Just yesterday I received a pair of amps that look identical to the ones in your link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HZKM2QC

They look good to me so far, however there are SMT components between the heat sink and PCB. If the heat sink happens to hit any of the components and the anodization on the heat sink fails, there might be shorts. I took the heat sink off and put a piece of kapton tape between the components and heat sink.

I'll report back here when I get a chance to try them out.

39 kΩ in R1
100 kΩ in R2

Just bought 2 more!

Just curious, what is the response of your speakers at 20 Hz?

Well I'm pretty damn impressed with this chip.

TPA3116 NE5532 2.0 50w+50w stereo HIFI power digital amplifier board Tone 12v 24 | eBay

Needed something cheap for a house supplied by my employer every other week when I have to work out of town. For now it is hooked up to a pair of WWMT's I built years ago from another forum. They are not very efficient. No matter, it sounds really good. I swear (until you drive it hard) it sounds as good as the emotiva xpa5 that normally drives them! I use the cheapie blu tooth rx stuck on the top to feed it, and used a little 5 volt smp to drive that.

I have a pair of ultra cheap parts express 6.5 bookshelf speakers that sort of suck. Might have to hit up a pawn shop for something slightly better.

Attachments

• 11dollar amp.jpg
    11dollar amp.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 582
I compared the Volt to this TPA3110 which is one of my best sounding TPA's and the Volt is an upgrade in SQ.

Granted it's been a while but from my previous experience with the 3110D2 sure amp, they benefit from playing around with different power supply electrolytic's. It seems to me that you are still using the stock ones provided but I would strongly recommend swapping those out with different value high-quality electrolytics before really judging the sound quality of the 3110D2, if you have not done so already. Just my two cents.