Zen-Light Amp questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nelson Pass said:

Depending on the filament configuration and its proximity to
iron or magnetic fields, you can get them vibrating to the
music. I find that ordinary 300 watt incandescent bulbs
don't do that.

is it so that if you place your light bulb's parallel and then for both FET's like this

...............................................I
.............................................Bulb
......................------------------------------------------
......................I...................................................I
....................FET...............................................FET

in this layout the Light bulb's (how many you want) avarenge current is zero , and there would be no sounding light bulb,....or am i thinking wrong ????

gr Jaac

Jaac TheMaster said:

is it so that if you place your light bulb's parallel and then for both FET's like this

.............................................Bulb
......................------------------------------------------
....................FET...............................................FET

in this layout the Light bulb's (how many you want) avarenge current is zero , and there would be no sounding light bulb,....or am i thinking wrong ????

gr Jaac

Soz is differential and there is a bulb par fet , in your schematic there is just one bulb and 2 parallel fets like a zenlite.
I admit, in experiments I did there was both iron and transformers near the bulbs .By the way I find the effect very intresting.
:cool:

sorry but there went someting wrong with the posting here is the schema

gr Jaac

Attachments

• zenlightmod2.jpg
    zenlightmod2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 668
not this way, as sayed if inverted and noninverted output are tied together = connected with zero ohms, we cant expaext any segnal across a loudspeaker load in parallel to that.

I guess we need something like 110V 1200W bulbs, or there is nothing but one of use has to do and buy ~ 100 of those 110V 300W bulbs.

I will go on searching a source for more bulbs. For a SOZ lite my 10 bulbs are not enough.

Recently I saw with interest in all single ended projects using mosfets. So I visited every web site to find schematics about SE.
I think Zen lite is one of the nice projects I want to try, but I read that it's a problem to find lamps 300W/120V here in Europe. I also read that using 220V lamps give many problems.
1)The filaments works with a little voltage, so light effect is smaller then 110V lamps, and also the life of lamps is smaller.
2) Using 220V lamps need about 1000w lamps, so we need many parallel since the bigger 200v lamp we can normally find is about 150/200W.
3)Using 220V/1000W alo maybe fine, but I read alo has very short life with lower voltage than nominal.

Ordering lamps overseas is risky since filaments are sensitive to "long bad travels".
Searching, I found an interesting Italian web site: http://www.vipelettronica.it/go/frame.htm.
They sell 300V/120V lamps, the price is 4 Euro each one.

I hope this new will help many european DiYer.

Regards.

Fabio.

I have other new about lamps and Europe.
This italian factory makes lamps on order. So you can choise watts and volts you need:http://www.paginegialle.it/pg/cgi/pgms.cgi?cc=225032522&cl=1&ct=54&ip=1.
This italian shop sell interesting lamps, 60v/300w(in zen lite can make the work of 4 lamps 110v/300w and the filament will be at nominal voltage, so the life will be nominal 1000h and current poarization at top!), 130V/200W and 220V/1000W normal filament(not alo!!): http://www.casadellelampadine.it/.

If I find others I will post, if you like.

Regards.

Fabio

Another question on zen lite:
if I use some lamps 24V 25W I know that I have to make series. 3 lamps give 72V. Do you think it is good or I have to make also some parallels? 3 x 2? or 3 x 3? or what?

Zen need a preamp, or I can put a pot for driving it directly by cd player? If it is possible to put a pot, which type is better for?

Please help me!

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.