Zen-Light Amp questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
invintation is a problem i think :D

but i have some more questions for you

so what for inductor do you use, i have take a look around but there a some types around. open air, with core enz enz

and also what your caps are rated 50V 63V 100V and there uF

witch torriod you use

and

and
and

gr jaac

invintation is a problem i think
Yes, they don´t show up so often. But does not matter, if i recive an invitation to another nice country i will have a look there. I only can´t say before if they have bulbs for you.

I use no inductor as they are expensive and i am poor.

I use a regulator instead but the amp does work without inductor and without regulator also.

This , but with in addition another 10000uF cap behind the regulator. I forgott to draw it.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=277343#post277343

You will find Halo sticks with 1000 or 2000W for very small € in local shops.

Halo works fine, here i used 2 1000W 220V lamps from an oild photo lamp:
attachment.php

what takes my interest is if someone had sucess building a zero feedback lightbulb amplifier?

Hi Nelson,

How many did you use? You mentioned this before in posting #12, but with 4 Resistors of 8 Ohm each channel, and 4 bulbs each 8 Ohm resistor i end up at 32 bulbs!

Thats much more than i have... Would the solution be less bulbs and very high voltage, or is there a better one?

till said:
You will find Halo sticks with 1000 or 2000W for very small € in local shops.

Halo works fine, here i used 2 1000W 220V lamps from an oild photo lamp:
attachment.php

what takes my interest is if someone had sucess building a zero feedback lightbulb amplifier?

the eye also want what !!!! i have emailed mcmaster for prices

gr Jaac

till said:
i don´t like the sockets for halosticks.

i found 24V 100W, 1,65€ each. But you have to order 100.
http://www.leuchtmittel-online.com/de/dept_84.html

I have 8 bulbs like that , but I find out they produced sound :confused: when used as a load(R1 R2) for soz .I have obtained better results with low voltage apllication ie.12V 50W halo bulbs-and cascode , in comparison .

:bigeyes:

stefanobilliani said:

I have 8 bulbs like that , but I find out they produced sound :confused: when used as a load(R1 R2) for soz

Just to be more clear , it means that the lightbulbs in the position of R1 and R2 played sound (music?) itselfs , without the speakers.

Vix said:
Did anyone use 12v lightbulbs, both for Zen and SOZ? If yes, what wattage?Thanks a lot

I tried 12V/ 21W and 12V/ 50W .

Did you use these 12v bulbs with Zen (instead of the original 300w 110v one), or did you use them with SOZ instead of 8 ohm resistors? From your experience, would you rather use 12v ones (leave them permanently)? Sorry for stupid questions, but I just wanna know before I try it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.