• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Wiener group buy #2 - Stereo and PBTL editions available!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok! Burning Man project is now in the client's hands, and I took a sanity break last night from staying up late doing electronics stuff.

I'll run through all my orders/payments tonight and make the master list, double check everyone's getting what they want/paid for, and get everything totaled. Mouser order will then be made tomorrow night.

Update: I've had orders trickling in so I've held off doing this, but I'm officially closing the group buy and making the Mouser order tomorrow (Thursday) night.

Order will be mailed out Friday and should be here by Tuesday, I'll start assembling amps and probably mail out a batch by Friday the 11th.

Group buy now closed.

Now to double check the list of names/orders. Doing it up right now, I'll post it on here in about 15 minutes and leave it up until tomorrow afternoon so everyone can make sure. Mouser order will then happen when I get home from work.

OK, here's the list of orders (in order paid):

bk856er: two PBTL PCBs + 2 loose uC's
snake69fast: one stereo PCB and two PBTL PCBs, all with uC's soldered
nwplace: fully built 8 ohm stereo card
eplates: 8 ohm stereo card w/filter kit (you're getting my last 4 ohm inductors, enjoy :))
lostthumb: 1 stereo + 2 PBTL PCBs, all with TPAs and uC's soldered
DizRotus: fully built 8 ohm stereo card
Richard K (contacted me via e-mail): 8 ohm stereo card
afoor: 2 PBTL PCBs + 2 loose uC's
gorovik: fully built 8 ohm stereo card
aterren: two fully built 4 ohm PBTL cards
nwboater: fully built 8 ohm stereo card
Joel Wesseling: two fully built PBTL cards, 8 ohms
tasho_daniel: fully built 6 ohm stereo card

If your name's missing on this list or your order's not right, let me know ASAP.

OK, group buy is officially closed. I'll still take orders for PCBs with microcontrollers, and I'll have a few TPA's available, but that's it for fully assembled boards.

Final list:

bk856er: two PBTL PCBs + 2 loose uC's + thermal pads
snake69fast: one stereo PCB and two PBTL PCBs, all with uC's soldered
nwplace: fully built 8 ohm stereo card
eplates: 8 ohm stereo card w/filter kit (you're getting my last 4 ohm inductors, enjoy )
lostthumb: 1 stereo + 2 PBTL PCBs, all with TPAs and uC's soldered
DizRotus: fully built 8 ohm stereo card
Richard K (contacted me via e-mail): 8 ohm stereo card
afoor: 2 PBTL PCBs + 2 loose uC's
gorovik: fully built 8 ohm stereo card
aterren: two fully built 4 ohm PBTL cards
nwboater: fully built 8 ohm stereo card
Joel Wesseling: two fully built PBTL cards, 8 ohms
tasho_daniel: fully built 6 ohm stereo card
Awajoy: fully built 8 ohm stereo card
Ginum: Two PBTL PCBs + 1 stereo PCB + 3 uC's
rhing: Two PBTL PCBs with TPA's/uC's installed
Alfi: Fully built 6 ohm stereo card

Placing the coilcraft order now, now banging out the BOM spreadsheet so I know how much of everything to buy. Why'd I have to go make a complicated board that takes lots of parts ;)

You marked your name down during the 'interest check' part of the group buy, but missed the 'taking payments' part. I s'pose I could have PMed everyone who expressed interest to remind them that the group buy was started, but I figured people would be watching the thread anyway... oh well.

I've got extra parts ordered, there's an 8 ohm amp available if you want it. I'll PM you.

I paid for my pair of Wiener PBTL amp boards with microprocessors and TPA3118 ICs installed. I am really looking forward to trying the PBTL amps with the CoilCraft inductors. I have my Wiener stereo amp playing the Analogue Productions remastered Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition" on vinyl, and it sounds incredibly grand. I don't expect huge differences between the Wiener stereo and PBTL amps, although when I have had my DUG PBTL amps in my system, I do notice slightly higher definition with the bass response. Compared to my DUG PBTL amps, the Wiener has the mids and highs, and soundstage right. It may be that I need to make some adjustments on the inductors and caps on the output filtersof the DUG amps. Anyway, my plan is to try and complete the Wiener PBTL amps for next month's Burning Amp Festival held here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

image.jpg

Coilcraft order is in!

8xmqRWi.jpg

I've had bad luck recently with part footprints - I mirrored a connector footprint by accident about a year ago, and recently put down the wrong TQFP footprint for a microcontroller on a different design.

So I gave a bit of a sigh of relief when the inductor (the only new part on the PCB) fit the board :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.