• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Who is interested in a groupbuy of Mark Kelly's DC controller PCB and related parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DaveM said:
Here is design idea #1. This should work for everyone. Although it may not be asthetically what everyone wants. Please give me feedback.

Dave

I'm not sure that the pic will post, but I am trying.

ok this will work for tape too just make sure it is at least 7-8mm wide.

I have received a Group Buy Pulley paypal request from Seth Hensel Instrument Maker of $51.55 USD, Who is he?
Giorgio

DaveM said:
What are people's feelings about set screws or not. If people are happy with using thread lock to hold this on, my life will be a bit easier. If we need set screws, I will find a way to make that happen, but the cost will jump as payed labor will now be involved.

Threadlock would be fine, just as Bobken suggested. The pulley would be easy to mount, without using excessive force.

Group Buy Pulley

I have received a Group Buy Pulley paypal request from Seth Hensel Instrument Maker of $51.55 USD, Who is he?

Start here with the entry by Mark Kelly on 6.9.06:
That's a very generous offer Seth. I have emailed you the list of those who have indicated they want pulleys.

Then read the next 3 pages of entries on this forum as well as the Wiki page.

If you don't want the pulley let me know ASAP.

I would like to make today the cutoff as regards missing parts - if you haven't notified me by now I am assuming you got everything.

Also, I am sendingmy only completed kit to its owner so I will not have a reference for any troubleshooting. I should be able to give reasonable advice based on the data I accumulated during the design phase.

Here is an updated design with a 12mm tall portion for the flat belt. The original was almost 17mm tall. If more is needed let me know. Also all of the flat porions are 2mm. That includes the flats on the top and bottom of the belt portion.

Does anyone have a suggested diameter for the crown needed for the belt? I don't have a flat belt to play with and have no experience with this.

Thanks

Dave

Oops forgot the pic.

Attachments

• tt pulley.jpg
    tt pulley.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 267
Something like this?

This makes the bottom flange 5mm so a 3mm or less tapped hole can be made there if necessary.

I will need to do a collection of names and finalize how many of these I will be making to get an accurate price quote. So, If anyone else is interested let me know soon. I will order up the required tools and get ready to run these.

DaveM

Attachments

• tt pulley.jpg
    tt pulley.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 275
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.