• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Who is interested in a groupbuy of Mark Kelly's DC controller PCB and related parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pulley Order Wiki

The Pulley Order Wiki is seeing activity daily. Some coming and some going.

On the theory that you deserve either the use of your money or the secure knowlege that an order has been placed in your name, I am going to delay until this next weekend the bulk order to the machinist in Oregon.

There is no price break for more pulleys, but the hassle factor magnifies for everybody involved if we start piecemealing the order.

If anyone has an issue with the cost, please let me know.

Also, if your name is on the Wiki, kindly e-mail your PayPal e-mail address to: Sethhensel(ayat)Verizon(dot)Nyat.
Replace the (ayat) with @, the (dot) with . and Nyat with net.
Those of you from the American South will, of course, need no translation.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
motor shaft diameter for pulley order?

Hi,
I believe the "standard" Maxon 11089 motor has a 3mm shaft and I presume the pulleys are being machined to be compatible with this.

I've got some Maxon motors with a 2mm shaft. Its a Maxon #2028.941-61.121-025.

Do you know if it would be possible to get one of the pulleys made with a smaller opening that would fit this smaller shaft?

Thanks,
---Gary

This just in regarding pulleys

Our machinist advises that the price has increased to $40.00/pc.

Here is his message to me:

Hi Seth, I have just realized that I have serously
underbid the pulley buy. I have just completed Mark's
order and it has taken much longer than expected.

.....Here is what I must do to make ends meet and you can
decide whether to proceed. The original bid was $30
each. Now I must raise the price to $40 each and this
is still actually very fair for the amount of work and
most importantly care involved in building an
excellent pulley.
You may seek another machinist or machine shop to
build them cheaper if you wish.
I apologize for this oversight and understand if you
pull out. Please pass on my apologees to the group.

If this change modifies your decision, please edit the Wiki page to indicate your choice. Invoices will still go out Saturday morning.

My offer still stands to machine the pulleys for no profit. The price of $40 a piece is definately paying for machine overhead, labor and profit. I have only seen a undimensioned drawing of the pulley. If I had a proper drawing or file from which to work I could at least look into getting it done here. I know that I can make them for less than $40 a piece. Material is only about $15 a foot from McMaster Carr. I can look into having tapping done at shop rate if that is required. The other work I can take care of.

I am not trying to de-rail this GB, but that seems very high considering my access to machines.

DaveM

To Vinyl-Addict and others that actually have the 'right' Maxon motor :

Could you please provide the correct diameter for the 'bolt hole circle' of the Maxon 110191 motor ? From the Maxon spec it looks like the diameter is 17mm but the drawing is not very big and before making mistakes ...

Thanks and best regards,
Andreas

DaveM said:
My offer still stands to machine the pulleys for no profit. The price of $40 a piece is definately paying for machine overhead, labor and profit. I have only seen a undimensioned drawing of the pulley. If I had a proper drawing or file from which to work I could at least look into getting it done here. I know that I can make them for less than $40 a piece. Material is only about $15 a foot from McMaster Carr. I can look into having tapping done at shop rate if that is required. The other work I can take care of.

I am not trying to de-rail this GB, but that seems very high considering my access to machines.

DaveM
Go for it Dave.

Here is what I have so far. We need a tight tolerance 3mm bore. Center drill, drill, bore to diameter. For the outside profile. I have no experience designing a drive for a flat belt. Do people want a flat belt drive? I was originally going to do a simple 45deg V groove for a square belt. I have an MMF 7 at home that I will check the pulley on and verify what the profile looks like. I will try and whip something up tonight and run it past those who are interested.

On another note, 17mm Diameter at the inside of the groove will be 17 mm this should get us in the ballpark RPM range.

DaveM

Here is design idea #1. This should work for everyone. Although it may not be asthetically what everyone wants. Please give me feedback.

Dave

I'm not sure that the pic will post, but I am trying.

Attachments

• tt pulley.jpg
    tt pulley.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 265
DaveM said:
Here is design idea #1. This should work for everyone. Although it may not be asthetically what everyone wants. Please give me feedback.

Dave

I'm not sure that the pic will post, but I am trying.

Hi Dave, great to see your off and running w/ the pulley. I need to say that I am a complete newbie in the diy turntable area but anxious to start the long journey. As far as suggestions, I need to sit back and watch - glean from the experienced members. But definitely here to watch it unfold to completion.

Your image opens up nicely.

Best -Stan

DaveM said:

That looks good.. somewhat like the pulley on the bix turntable. I really want to have the possibility of choosing between a flat belt and a thread belt. I thought the other pulley didn't have the option for a thread belt.

Make it have the dimensions as recommended earlier in this thread, and out of brass, and I would really want it. Plz make it ;)

The dimensions on that design are 17mm diameter to the bottom of the V groove and to the top of the crown as well. With the flexability of the motor control it shouldn't make much difference give or take a little bit.

What are people's feelings about set screws or not. If people are happy with using thread lock to hold this on, my life will be a bit easier. If we need set screws, I will find a way to make that happen, but the cost will jump as payed labor will now be involved.

Input?

DaveM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.