• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Who is interested in a groupbuy of Mark Kelly's DC controller PCB and related parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: pulley

rich christie said:
Mark, Could you please elaborate on the pulley your having made.Is it being made for round or flat belt or tape? Push fit or set screw fixing?Aluminum,brass? Diameter range of platter that can be driven?

At this stage all I have done is to ask the man who runs groovetracer.com to price making a pulley. The price from him is around $USD30 depending on quantity. By the time these are shipped to me, I ship them to you, Paypal takes two bites from the cherry and then an extra one for currency conversion it will be more. By the way one way to reduce this would be for one of the US denizens of this group to volunteer to co-ordinate this instead of me.

I have specified a diameter to suit the drive / motor combination and any platter / subplatter from 200 to 360mm. The rest of the specifications are from groovetracer.com, he knows far more about pulley design than I do. The pulleys will be aluminium, paired set screw fixing, CNC machined to extremely fine tolerances. The first batch will be for flat belt, I may get some for tape made at a later date.

Now for the fly in the ointment: I am developing a drive for someone who wants to upgrade the motor in a Dave Whittaker "Aura" TT. I will then be looking to sell these drives and I will only need my pulleys when I am ready. This will probably be a month or more off, so if the group wants pulleys before then we may end up with a smaller order which increases the individual price.

MOTOR SHIPMENT

I am sorry to have to tell all of you who are waiting for motors that they will not be in my hands until July 7th.

I guess not keeping a local stock partly explains the reasonable price.

I have also received the parts for the controller now and I am as frustrated over this as you all must be.

That's a very generous offer Seth. I have emailed you the list of those who have indicated they want pulleys.

As I have said before I am in the process of redeveloping the drive so the only fully built version of the drive on hand is one I built for someone. Funnily enough, he wants it. I have asked him whether I can hang on to it for another week, so as of next Friday I won't have access to a built drive.

This may make it more difficult to answer specific questions about the drive so I would ask everybody to get back to me with any questions ASAP.

Sorry, been away for a while, and not wanting to be the one to try and drive the platter from the motor's bare spindle, I will definitely be wanting a pulley. Do count me in. :)

I also recall being at one time on the waiting list for the controller kit, but the way things have panned out so far (the resistor shortfall, the coordinator's reluctance to do another run of the boards,etc), I wonder whether I will be getting any...:bawling:

Seeing as they have already been delivered, should anyone want to dispose of theirs, for whatever reason, I am ready to take up their offer (just remember... "no PayPal please, we is in Africa...") ;)

Pulley Order Wiki

I've added a page to the Group Buy Wiki:

http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=Pulley+GB

Expect PayPal issues to be sorted through this weekend.

Expect a final delivered (in CONUS) price around $40.00. I'm still working on a decent option to ship to Europe.

The machinist informs me that delivery from him will happen in 3-4 weeks.

There will be an open book policy regarding cost accounting.

Pulley Dimensions

Frank at Promac advises:

Here are the main dimensions of the proposed pulley.
All dimensions are in inches. This pulley will work
with a mounting plate thickness up to 0.250" with a
10mm hole in it to accept the motor. If the plate is
thicker than 0.250, the pulley would not work.

Main body O.D. = 0.740(can be 0.700-0.750, not
critical)
Crowned area = 0.635 diameter
Crowned area is 0.320 wide. (0.250 wide belt.)
Overall length = 0.775
Distance from bottom of pulley to centerline of belt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.