Which Are Best Budget Compression (mid-h.f. range) Drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's the response I measured using pink noise with the RTA set to peak hold. I just held the mic a couple of feet in front of the DE10/ME10 tweeter. I think it's pretty good. Major horizontal divisions are 5dB.

Attachments

• B&C DE10-ME10 spl.JPG
    B&C DE10-ME10 spl.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 744
There are Selenium D200 and D205, unsure if those are as good as D220.
Also consider:
Eminence APT 50
Faital Pro HF 100
I've just bought a pair of Eminence ASD 1001 at 60$...much better resolution and dynamics then APT 50....the Apt 50 has an phenolic diaphragm and is too polite on highs and sounds darker....the ASD 1001 has a titanium diaphragm and it's more dynamic but could be harsh if is "tranzistor amplified"(or put in the wrong horn) but one guy on another forum has said that these are suprizingly natural,rezolutive and dynamic for their price if are valve amplified(of course + a round wood horn for a wonderfull tone)...I can't even wait to see(hear)this superb price/performance ratio(60$ for a pair!!)!!
As an upgrade in the future it will be a pair of BMS for shure...best price/performance ratio!!

>>> I've just bought a pair of Eminence ASD 1001 at 60$...much better resolution and dynamics then APT 50...

I agree. Have heard both. Not even close imo, they sound very different to me.

I always wondered how the 1001 sounded compared to the B&C and the Selenium for around the same money?

I use a tube amp and wonder if that's why the 1001's sound as good as they do? It's on top of the unfinished cab sporting the 7" Dayton waveguide. I ended up using it with the 4.5" Dayton waveguide. The frequency response of this driver looks bad (big dip) but they sound really great. If i didn't enjoy them i'd put them in the pile with all of the other unused drivers i own.

Attachments

• 12lta-3.jpg
    12lta-3.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 651
Flaesh I'm glad for you :) ,some technical details ..
manufacturer page Soundking Group Co.,ltd. ordering of pair such $20\ea drivers in China with shipping will cost $280 and will take undefined time.
I'm sleeping [in my loudspeaker] now and will go to work soon, sleep then and don't know what will be then .. so measurements\listening impressions\internal view coming next year..
this what I could see: 3slit phase plug, small exit angle. Re 5.3- and 5.3+.
I'm have not 1.4" horn at the moment.. how can I use (temporary of coarse) 2380a?

I have got good results with some vintage gear here in mid/hi section.
Friend of mine brought a pair of Electro Voice DH1506 compression drivers mounted on iron horns. They were pulled out from some cinema gear.
I made a nice active crossover with compensation for slightly falling curve in freqency response. Crossed arround 500-600hz/12dB with a pair of 15 inch Beymas this combo sounds amazing.
Regards, Jernej

manufacturer page Soundking Group Co.,ltd. ordering of pair such $20\ea drivers in China with shipping will cost $280 and will take undefined time.
I'm sleeping [in my loudspeaker] now and will go to work soon, sleep then and don't know what will be then .. so measurements\listening impressions\internal view coming next year..
I'm have not 1.4" horn at the moment.. how can I use (temporary of coarse) 2380a?
Ok,I've seen their presentation on the site...I'll wait for some listening impressions and measurements...Regards!

The falling HF response should be fairly pleasant to the ears. It's a 1.4" driver, so not too many horns available for it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.