Which Are Best Budget Compression (mid-h.f. range) Drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you are going to use the celestion driver the logical choice for waveguide would be this QSC horn (direct from them as well):

QSC PL-000446-GP (drivervault)

Measurement with Celestion driver seen here:

Celestion CDX1-1425 (drivervault)

There is also the RCF H100 for a lower freq. cut-off.

I would suggest ordering the Celestion 1725, its a little better then the 1425 and its meant for the pl-000446 waveguide (its sold with it on the QSC site).

The Celestion 1425 mates well with it too but its sold for the QSC HPR 122i speakers (the round 10" waveguides).

Thanks Doug for the tip with the 1725. I do want however to try the round waveguide, so I'll probably go with the 1425. Do you have any experience with this waveguide?

I have both the round QSC waveguide and the 1425 but I have not finished my speakers for them. Im working on the QSC 152i clones first with the PL-446 rectangle waveguide/1725 CD combo.

I believe Augerpro has the measurements for the QSC/1425 combo

Hello Cal how are you!!
Please can you tell me it's the Selenium D202Ti worth a try?!?
These have 40 W vs 80W(D220Ti) and 106dB SPL vs 109dB(D220Ti)...they clame that the voice coil it's the same...of course that D202Ti have a less strong magnet,but I don't need them for very high power,my audition room is small(they are for 7W-SET tube amp)...what do you say??
Many thanks!!

O yes-one mention...I want to use them in a pair of DIY small round wood tractrix horns for highs in my system,from 2500 Hz up(I'll put my 15 multicells horns from 600 to 2500Hz)...don't want to spend a lot,but I know I can find something prety cheap and good(I'm sick of "expensive+better" concept)....of course there are better drivers out there but that's my goal for now...I'll upgrade letter.

O yes-one mention...I want to use them in a pair of DIY small round wood tractrix horns for highs in my system,from 2500 Hz up(I'll put my 15 multicells horns from 600 to 2500Hz)...don't want to spend a lot,but I know I can find something prety cheap and good(I'm sick of "expensive+better" concept)....of course there are better drivers out there but that's my goal for now...I'll upgrade letter.

I was trying to say: I'm sick of "expensive=better"...

I guess that's the fact:

From an article:"Harman International Industries Inc. (HAR), a developer of audio products and electronic systems, announced that it has acquired Electronica Selenium S/A, a Brazilian company. Electronica is a leading manufacturer and seller of loudspeakers in Latin America."
That makes sense, since HAR has moved manufacturing south of the US border, might as well buy off major nearby competition and consolidate plants.

I have a pair of DE10/ME10 for sale if you're interested. They are on eBay. They can easily be crossed at 2.5kHz and they are very linear as well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.