Welcome to the new diyAudio platform - feedback wanted!

Administrator
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I did not find it :confused:
For wider platforms there is enough space to leave the view/post counts in standard numbers instead of 17K or 1M.
Imagine that 135 can be seen more than 1M on the first sight o_O
Well spotted. There's a whole discussion back here about improving the "visual hierarchy" to make it more obvious as to what is important and what is less so. Items like those you mention are key.

We took the decision to go live with this current iteration as we had the cost and effort of maintaining two forums and vBulletin was close to collapse. From here we will interactively improve these things.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I agree with sthcoaster. Not really a fan of this new format. The old one showed a lot more information on the screen and allowed you to see the titles of many threads at the same time. This one is prettier, but has a lot of wasted, blank space. Not an improvement in my opinion.
Thank you for your feedback. Please see my previous post for comment on this. Regular users have grown accustomed to using the site in the 12 years since I implemented the "information dense" front page listing in this way. A bird's eye view of what's going on, a measure of the heartbeat of the forum in a single glance.

Don't worry - this is noted and is planned to be addressed in the near future.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
I did not find it :confused:
For wider platforms there is enough space to leave the view/post counts in standard numbers instead of 17K or 1M.
Imagine that 135 can be seen more than 1M on the first sight o_O
As Gerard touched on, this can be accomplished with better visual hierarchy, something that Discourse does well, in my opinion. We'll be moving towards some Discourse style UI patterns in the near future. Specifically bigger numbers having heavier weight, more vibrant colors, and larger fonts in order to tell you things are more important without actually having to read them, just glance at them.

I dig the drop-down Forums button up top. If the previous forum did that I don't recall seeing it. I think its a great feature, good job Audentio!

Once I set the look to Classic it no longer felt like I was on Sonos or Mustang Talk or a million other glowing Xenforo sites. Jason, if it continues along these lines I believe it'll be quite comfortable here.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
List transferred over. Works. Thanks.

(But why is "Insert image" Ctrl-P, when that is universally PRINT, even unto MS-DOS?)
(Ah, OK: Print in whole-thread mode, Picture only when in the edit box.)
ignore-----42.gif

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Thanks Jason, Will, all. This couldn't have been easy or much fun. Get some sleep :)

As everybody noted, pretty unreadable. Emoji size is too-big--they're distracting. Ditto avatars. Dense and intense is good.
Thanks for the feedback. Noted about the new stock smily face sizes compared with the classic ones. I'll look into that.

Regards "unreadable" are you talking specifically about the front page or when viewing an actual thread?