Welcome to the new diyAudio platform - feedback wanted!

Administrator
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Kudos to all involved!

First thing I can think of, and certainly very important to my brain - button to "Show unread posts" per subforum

If it is already there ..... I still didn't see it :)

Old emoticons are here !!! Yeah!
The read / unread status has not migrated. It actually works but at this time all posts more or less will appear as unread. Over time, after you've visited a few times and read stuff that will settle back down to what it was before. [I hope that this explanation makes sense]

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
OK, I'm on any sub/forum main page

with page size at default (100%) there is nice distinction between read threads ( thin Title letters) and threads with new posts ( bold Title letters)

but - when I'm reading thread , letter in posts are sorta smallish ( smaller than used to ) - and actually smaller that letters in Titles

if I increase page size to 110%, letters in posts are perfect, but distinction between Raed and Unread threads Titles on main sub/forum page are worsened, unread are Bold while read are not regular , more like boldish ( or just slightly less Bold)

I mean, this is modern board, similar in behavior and organization as Invision Community, which is platform for Baby Diya, on which I'm, well, well used ......... so I'm just writing about things poking me in the eye, without too much analyzing

If you decide that fixing is in benefit of all, fix it

If not, ignore me .... I'll get used :clown:

Currently my opinion is that the front page in particular is "crufty" and lacks scannability. We have to decide whether to go live early or wait for "perfect" and decided to just get on with it. Please expect to see refinements over the coming weeks and months, with a focus on making it "lighter" (less cluttered), making it easier to scan pages for the information you're looking for (improved "visual hierarchy").
Good to hear you are focused on scanability. One thing I always liked about the old interface was the light and darker blue colours which divided each post in a thread. That was very good fo scanabilty. Other than that, I am really pleased I don't see any like buttons, thank you all for that. I think the new interface looks good , specially on my phone it is a tremendous upgrade. Well and I think we all get used to it pretty fast. Congratulations on the upgrade.

I vote for the flags.
I have switched to classic as some of the info on the default screens is a faint grey and is slightly harder to read.
More user info appears if you hover the mouse over the avatars. That helps a bit for those who want to be able to switch them off for now. Perhaps it is a feature we could keep in the long run for the space benefit when a thread has a lot of short posts.

Congratulations on all the hard work and effort, thumbs up for that!

I am familiar with this style of forum, and unfortunately can't say I am a big fan. (even in classic mode).
But it is what it is I guess.

fyi, disabling online status doesn't seem to work?
And will there be a way to have the different subforum menu on the left (or top/right) side again?

First impression: oh no, another site / interface choosing for flat faint, colours without distinction.....

But after activating the Classing theme (one light, one dark post), that part is solved. Thanks for keeping the classic theme alive;).

Top navigation bar is a blessing, makes navigating so much easier, thank you(y)

The country flags would be a very welcome item too.

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Here is where to go. At the bottom is "show all".

Screenshot from 2021-12-10 11-50-47.png