VBITNGC building & comment

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
GeWa said:
Thanks!
I need to order some parts from Conrad but didn't had the time yet to see which type would fit on the PCB. Any other stuff that I can order from Conrad for this little amp?

Regards

507067 2x21V trafo (for the tube)
506354 6V trafo 5VA
508063 relais
472662 1000u 63V
472654 470u 63V
472409 2200u 16V
424854 200k trimmer
424803 4k7 trimmer

This is what I ordered from Conrad. Those capacitors and trimmers fit perfectly. Just make sure you keep the voltage under 2*63V.

Hanzwillem

For the relais, is it possible that I need the 508128-06 instead of the one you propose. The one you mention has only 1 switching contact and we are in need of two (both AC1 & AC2 will be switched)
I also will need 100V capacitors to be on the save side with the transformer I have. (22+22)x1,414= ±63V

Regards

GeWa said:
Hanzwillem

For the relais, is it possible that I need the 508128-06 instead of the one you propose. The one you mention has only 1 switching contact and we are in need of two (both AC1 & AC2 will be switched)

Regards

whoops! You are right! The one I wanted wasn't in stock (I went to the store itself since we have it in town), so I got away with this one. Good someone is paying attention here :) That would have been a few blown fuses for me...

I hope digi is allright indeed. He's probably short on time.

I only have to wait for a proper relay. Then I'll try firing it up. I got a spare 6dj8 tube anyway...

Here is my version.
Nothing fancy really. All surplus stuff, except for the housing, but that was real cheap.

Attachments

• img_3010.jpg
    img_3010.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 678
For size comparison.

Here is the VBITNGC next to the Aleph 30. Behind it with the red LED is my upgraded BoZ, with Vitamin Q paper oil decoupling caps. (this one plays a lot better than my unBosoZ with elna silmic coupling caps)
Behind it right is Peter Daniels non-os DAC. And a gainclone.
I hope this valve unit will sound nice. The Aleph has just no competition to my gainclone. The bass and control of the GC is very very good, but the overall soundquality of the aleph is so far unbeatable in all amps I had.

Cheers, I'll keep you guys updated when I fire it up. (hopefully not literairly :))

Attachments

• img_3002.jpg
    img_3002.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 670
GeWa said:
Franz, Zang
A small question. The input resistor behind the potmeter; the schematic says 3K9 but the partslist says 3K3. Does this value matters all that much? Where is digi01 by the way?
Regards

the case is not that much matters.I am around now:)

to Hanzwillem,
Your building looks so cute.drop me a mail for Christmas day gift:)

P.S.
I can offer the proper relay and caps.pm me for service:)

BTW,
Has anyone try the without buffer building?it is a standard inverted gc,simple...:)

Zang

For C18 (4700µF/16V) they are all 16mm dia. and 7,5mm pitch. The board only accomodates 10mm dia. with a 5mm pitch. For C17 (47µF/16V) a 100V type would fit on the board. :xeye:

Regards

P.S. Hanzwillem you have quite alot of those Conrad boxes laying around. ;)

For the relais i used number 351-623 from RS Components. It fits perfectly and can swith enough current.

As everybody can notice, there are a view postings in this treat about bugs in the schematics and PCB's. Some of this bugs were confirmed by several people, other ones were not confirmed.

Is anyone capable to give a summery of all the bugs, and possible fixes?

I think many people (me too) put this nice project on hold at the moment for this reason.

Thats regrettable.

I wish Hanzwillem many luck, firing-up his amp, i hope it will work good!

Being that this is one of 6-8 projects I'm doing and we have confirmed bugs, I have put it on hold until a summary of fixes are available as I have PLENTY to keep me occupied.

I too would like a summary of bugs and their respective fixes once they are ironed out.

I personally have NO issues with bugs as long as they are sorted out and fixes are available. I'm not perfect, and I ask anyone who says they are to speak up.. :) .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.