Valveaudio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have finished the power supply section and the output i am getting is +/-19v with 9v input

toroid details

window area = 0.9cm2

Primary Winding 5wires 4x2 turns 0.8mm wire
Seondary winding 2wires 17x2 turns 0.8mm wire

Based on your formula on your website.

Please tell me if i am doing anything wrong.

Thanx

Mastero

Is it too high or too low? If you are making a regulated SMPS, the output voltage is determined by the pre-set voltage, like zeners or voltage divider for example. This value is usually compared to PWM chip's 5V reference.
It will be helpfull if you looking at the square wave at the gate of the mosfets with an osciloscope. Are they 10% on, or 25% on or 50% on? It will tell you how much your PWM controller is giving. Then you can calculate how much your primary/secondary allows. From rough calculation you can get near to 17/4x12V or about +/-50V at the output if your PWM is in full pushpull mode (50% on).

I dont have an osc to check that ... what i have notices is the rt and ct ie 222 and 8.2k used in your design give me a total F= 65

using this formula F=1.18/ct x rt

Where i have calculated the toroid for F=50Khz x 2 so you think this can cause the low output volt ...?

Shall replace the 222 with 102 and the 8.2k to 10k and shall let you know

Mastero

Hi Mr.Lumanauw,

I'm a new member in this forum.

I want to ask you a question, can you upgrade my helix A6 class A competition amplifier?

Since i heard about your dozens ability to build and upgrade amplifiers..

I'm also interested in making amplifier.. But it seems my dream won't come true.. I'm weak in my fis and math basic.. :angel: :angel:

Thank You in advance.

Helix and Brax amp are difficult to see. I've looked at the main pcb, the maker uses SMD parts and paint all the pcb's black. It's hard to see what the cct looks like. If you can have the cct (in drawings), maybe something could be done:D

I'm also interested in making amplifier.. But it seems my dream won't come true.. I'm weak in my fis and math basic..
You're wrong in this :D The one who succeeded in learning audio amps are the ones who dares to do things. Not afraid of smoke from transistor burning.
There are some members here that tries and tries and tries, learn and learn and learn, and they have become very-very good. Quite some years ago they ask me very basic things. Some has even have their commercial products now, including classD commercial amps (which is still a difficult thing for myself) :D
Just don't give up trying and learning. This is far more important than having good math ability.

Hi, Mastero,

At this stage it is very difficult to troubleshoot anything without osciloscope. You really need to see what the gate pulse are like to know what is wrong with your smps.
As your problem is not simple, I think you better search here, maybe keyword something like "TL494" or "SG3525", then you can study how others succeeded in making smps and what problems they had.
It's like riding a bike. Once you are able, you will not forget it. But you have to learn hard for the first one, that's all.

CCT = circuit

David i have solverd the problem ... its the 3525 chip not getting power from the remote section ...

as per the spec the 3525 works on with 8-35v but i am getting 5.5 on the 13 and 15 pin ...

What have you designed the remote section to give how much volts on pin 13 and 15 ?

Thanx for all ur help

Mastero

No there is no short the output voltage is also firm.

Just the wire gets red hot exact point is where the ground of secondary winding ends on the troroid.

But will double tripple a hundred times for a short.

so i can just connect pin 13 and 15 directly to +12vdc input for tests..?

Thanks

Mastero

Mr. Lumanauw, Then If i change all the cosmetic you can't guarantee that the amp sound will be better and more powerfull??? :( :( :(

My amp i just bought it and never use it before... :cannotbe: :cannotbe:

You can see at the technical data of my amp, might be you have way how to upgrade it..

I want to use the amp to drive 3-Way speaker..

Thanks Mr. Lumanauw..

Technical Data:
Cont. power rating RMS/Max. power at 4 Ohms RMS/12 V
6 x 60 Watt

Cont. power rating RMS/Max. power at 4 Ohms RMS/13,8 V
6 x 75/130 Watt

Cont. power rating RMS/Max. power at 2 Ohms RMS/13,8 V
6 x 125/215 Watt

Cont. power rating RMS/Max. power at 4 Ohms RMS/13,8 V bridged
3 x 220/350 Watt

Cont. power rating RMS/Max. power at 2 Ohms RMS/13,8 V bridged
1 x 400/640 Watt channel C/D

Cont. power rating RMS/Max. power at 1 Ohms RMS/13,8 V bridged
2 x 200/320 Watt channel C/D

Total harmonic distortion
< 0,009%

Signal to noise ratio
> 100 dB

Damping factor
> 450

Frequeny range
20 Hz -20 kHz

TIM distortion
< 0,016%

Input sensitivity
500 mV - 8 V

Fuse
4 x 20 A

Input impedance:
10 kOhm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.