Valveaudio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
please keep me informed on how your mods work out!!!

these were originally going into my install "2 pair of 60.1's and 2 150.2's" but that has changed since I plan on doing a 14 speaker setup using a Lake processor and space is not on my side..so I'm going to two 120.4's and 2 150.2's instead and keeping the 60.1's for another project...

WAW THX a Lot mr lumanauw :)
i will definitely try on that:)

btw how about if im using an SG 3525?

i hear the valve on chandra's car (motorsound 50M class 3rd position) sounds much better from his former amp, the hi seems drop but doesn't lose the details like if you are using the Tru T series.

hi lumanauw...... n minds ......i'm here also :D

minds : what u heard before in my system, that have not yet tuning. because it was in "break-in" time, not yet RTA, setting P.Eq, gain level, n re-tuning x-over. now, the system already ok for u to hear again........because malion already tune it :D

sistem g skrg ama yg loe denger dulu jauh bgt, sekarang highnya jauh lebih extended, jernih, detail bgt. karena x-over udh ditune lagi. siap nih untuk turun FFA :D pake power lokal.....siapa takut :D mkn anda yg takut dengar ;)

bahhhhhhhhhh
this damn crazy man joined here too - -'

how's ur visaton doing ?

btw mr. lumanauw i already take a look on your web and im interested in building the one using C 2955, but my teacher said , the one sold now mostly fake transistors - -'

and one question from him , why did you use 3 12 V zeners than 1 36 V zeners ?

thanks

Hi, Chans,

Currently I'm making only 3 models, 4x150, 2x200 and 1x500Wrms/4ohm.
To make a new design will take alot of time, I'm afraid.

Hi, Minds,

Who is your teacher? If you want to study how to make car amps, we make quite some designers here. We got MOER (Owner/Designer of ZED audio / Hifonics / Cadence), we got EVA (She's very good with audio and SMPS)

EVA, are you here?
What's the difference between stacking 3 of 12V zeners and using 1 of 36V? Is there any other difference than power dissipation?

Each zener diode has different V/I characteristics depending on zener voltage and size. This is from my PSpice diode library, I took the 24V one as there wasn't 36V:

* Motorola pid=1N4742 case=DO-41
* Vz = 12 @ 21mA, Zz = 32 @ 1mA, Zz = 7.5 @ 5mA, Zz = 4 @ 20mA

* Motorola pid=1N4749 case=DO-41
* Vz = 24 @ 10.5mA, Zz = 48 @ 1mA, Zz = 16 @ 5mA, Zz = 11 @ 20mA

These numbers suggest that two 12V zener diodes connected in series would show better regulation than a single 12V zener at high currents, but worse at low currents. Don't try to extrapolate that to other zener models without checking the datasheets first.

hi minds : our visaton project doing well .....in a few month later a new design speaker (2way above dashboard+ sub peerless bandpass in front, under dashboard) will be launch. the prototype is ready, currently in tuning x-over, eq, gain level, etc. i have plan in the future (right now i use arc amp) I'll be using Valve Reference 2ch(mr. lumanauw's power) to drive it.

my system also will be using the wonderful lumanauw's design amp/ power monoblock 1x500w (2unit) to drive tweeter ribbon+mid titanium visaton(pasif x-over). the amp 4ch reference will be drive (aktif x-over) my midbass alumunium visaton + sub stereo visaton 10" carbon kevlar.

:D

lumanauw : ohhhh........wait until i use u'r monoblock 2unit to drive my tweeter ribbon+mid titanium visaton. and the currently 4ch reference to drive my midbass alumunium+sub :D :D ;) :cool:

chans : i reserving one pre sale ticket to hear your system :)

mr david : dosen saya :) haha im quite surprised :D right now i want to learn the smps first , could you tell me who's the right person for teaching a newbie like me in solid state designing ?
im affraid i will blew up my mind first if i ask you or ask the hifonics designer - -'

eva : so for smps, it's better to use 3 12V zeners?

Hi, Minds,

Are you still in college? Taking electronics? Where?

If you want to study about solid state power amps, you better read at least Douglas Self book, before you build anything. Whether you will use his approach or not in the end, it doesn't matter, but you better read this book first.

Another good source is Rod Elliot's webpage. Read all his articles.
They are quite easy to read/understand.

Another good place is PassDIY by Nelson Pass. You can make an amp with 1 transistor first, if you have understand how it works, then you can make audio amp with 2 or 3 or more transistors.

For learning car SMPS, you can ask EVA. Or there is an article in Rod Elliot's website too about this.

Don't be afraid to blow transistors :D Once I blow more than 20 output transistors within the same board during experiment :D

@ pelita harapan university , karawaci

yeah i already read the ESP and i already make some chip amps based on Rod's Designs but it blew up after 3 hours burn in test - -'

hmm what's the title of the book? maybe my library have it :)

btw how's the sinfoni mods ?
and what's intermodulation you said earlier?

I have been using valce hybrids in my car for years. My current Butler audio 2150 just was serviced. The left valve went bad after 4 years of continuous use. BK Butler himself replaced the OEM valves with "high reliability" ones from the Golden Dragon (audiophile) company. He also modded something with a "low voltage regulator" whatever that means.

I really love the sound. The tame my overly bright MB Quarts. I kind of dig the 15 second warm up time.

TubeDriverBlue 2150. Nice amp :D. This amp uses the tubes not as amplification device. In here, the tubes are used just as a diode. No high voltage amplification in the tubes inside 2150. The tubes also soldered directly to the pcb. Tubes here is not used "normally" as tube amplifier.
Some other design that uses tube as "amplifier" with high voltage (above 150VDC) usually have problems in less than 4 years. Usually the sockets have scales.

Attachments

• td.jpg
    td.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 739
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.